TField.DataSize

Hi All

Env : D4 C/S; MS-SQL6.5

In a Database a have created a table shows as follows :

create table test
(
 Ident integer not null primary key,
 Bezeichnung varchar(50) not null,
 xbit bit not null,
 xvalue numeric(8,3) null,
 xdatetime datetime not null
)

Ok. Then a wrote a program that extract this statement from a
TTable-Object (like Metadata in ISQL / Interbase).
The result of my program shows as follows :

create table test
(
 Ident integer not null primary key,
 Bezeichnung varchar(51) not null,
 xbit bit not null,
 xvalue numeric(8, 15) null,
 xdatetime datetime not null
)

1 :    Does anyone know why the size of the varchar differs ? I have
used the TField.DataSize property to get this value.
        Is it the Length-Byte of the String (String[0]) ?

2 :    How to extract the right numeric-format ? The precision is ok but
the scale ? Where I can get the right value ?

so long
mfg-cd