HELP!! Help a very stupid person...

Umm, I stuffed up very bad and I will be in big trouble, unless somebody out there can
help me.

Basically, I have to hand in an assignment by Friday, and I inadvertantly deleted my
CRT.tpu and DOS.tpu files, along with most of the other libraries I need. I'm begging
and pleading for some kind soul out there to email these files to me. So as not to clog
up this newsgroup, email directly to me at f...@postbox.usyd.edu.au

TIA to anybody who can help, I owe them a lot...

Re:HELP!! Help a very stupid person...

In article <31D0DB70.7...@postbox.usyd.edu.au> Fey-Ching Un <f...@postbox.usyd.edu.au> writes:
>Umm, I stuffed up very bad and I will be in big trouble, unless somebody out
>there can
>help me.

Well, you haven't exactly said much. . . .

>Basically, I have to hand in an assignment by Friday, and I inadvertantly
>deleted my
>CRT.tpu and DOS.tpu files, along with most of the other libraries I need. I'm
>begging

This makes me rather skeptical.  All the standard units except graph.tpu are
rolled into a library file called turbo.tpl.  You'll never see a dos.tpu or
crt.tpu file floating around.

You got your TP files from somewhere.  Why not go back and recopy or
reinstall the files?  If you have your own original copy, reinstall from
your original disks.  If you were given a work disk by your instructor, then
talk to your instructor about it and have him/her replace the files.  But
comp.lang.pascal.borland as a whole group generally respects the rights of
Borland's copyrights and does not redistribute copyrighted RTL units, or any
other non-transferrable part of the system.

>and pleading for some kind soul out there to email these files to me. So as
>not to clog
>up this newsgroup, email directly to me at f...@postbox.usyd.edu.au

Again, talk to your instructor about this, not us.  Don't expect to get any
files sent to you -- partly because you've said nothing about your version,
but mainly upon principle.

>TIA to anybody who can help, I owe them a lot...

[copy forwarded to original poster]

--
Scott Earnest          | We now return you to our regularly scheduled |
siny...@{*word*104}space.org | chaos and mayhem. . . .                      |

Re:HELP!! Help a very stupid person...

You're damn right!!!

Anco ;-)

On Wed, 26 Jun 1996, Fey-Ching Un wrote:
> Umm, I stuffed up very bad and I will be in big trouble, unless somebody out there can
> help me.

> Basically, I have to hand in an assignment by Friday, and I inadvertantly deleted my
> CRT.tpu and DOS.tpu files, along with most of the other libraries I need. I'm begging
> and pleading for some kind soul out there to email these files to me. So as not to clog
> up this newsgroup, email directly to me at f...@postbox.usyd.edu.au

Normally, the response to this is "Why don't you buy a real copy of BP
rather than using bad pirate versions?"  Even more so since you did not
give a good excuse as to where your install floppies are, or why not copy
them from school?

As I said, that is the STANDARD answer.  However, I am not the STANDARD
person...  You are using TP/BP 7, right?  If you have BP, just compile the
RTL..  If you have TP 7, let me know, I may be able to help then, since I
do not still have TP 6 or lower.

Also, out of curiosity, where did you really get it?  If it was an ftp
site, I'd like to make sure they get a fixed copy somehow..  <Not saying,
of course, that I intend to give them pirate software, of course..
Heavens no, that would be illegal!  <smirk>  hehe>

           \|/           Peace can not exist without war, nor can war
       \\\\/|\////          exist without peace. Think about it...
            V                 KnightBird - knght...@teleport.com

Other Threads