EOF/BOF error using ADO, bug?

When I use the TADOQuery to open a recordset and this recordset happens to
contain no records (for instance when searching if a particular record
exists) I get the error 'Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record
has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.' when
trying to close the dataset.
This error seems independent of the ADO drivers used as Access databases as
well as MSSQL Server give this exception.
The code to create such an error can be as simple as:
    TADOQuery1.Open;
    TADOQuery1.Close;
TADOStoredProc also seems to be suffering the same ailment.

An added difficulty is that the problem seems to happen on about 50% of the
systems I tested on (3 out of 6). This seems independent of operating system
installation (for instance: exceptions on 1 Windows 2000, SR1 not on
another). I also tried installing different releases of Office (when I
suspected the ADO drivers) but this didn't make any difference either.

Has anyone encountered this before?
Does anyone know what causes this?

                    Thanks, Wouter and Bas van Atteveldt.

Re:EOF/BOF error using ADO, bug?

Wouter,

Look at http://www.borland.com/devsupport/delphi/ for update.

Greetings,
Andre de Jong

Wouter van Atteveldt <hob_gob...@hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
9cq9n8$e5hu...@ID-87392.news.dfncis.de...

> When I use the TADOQuery to open a recordset and this recordset happens to
> contain no records (for instance when searching if a particular record
> exists) I get the error 'Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record
> has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.' when
> trying to close the dataset.
> This error seems independent of the ADO drivers used as Access databases
as
> well as MSSQL Server give this exception.
> The code to create such an error can be as simple as:
>     TADOQuery1.Open;
>     TADOQuery1.Close;
> TADOStoredProc also seems to be suffering the same ailment.

> An added difficulty is that the problem seems to happen on about 50% of
the
> systems I tested on (3 out of 6). This seems independent of operating
system
> installation (for instance: exceptions on 1 Windows 2000, SR1 not on
> another). I also tried installing different releases of Office (when I
> suspected the ADO drivers) but this didn't make any difference either.

> Has anyone encountered this before?
> Does anyone know what causes this?

>                     Thanks, Wouter and Bas van Atteveldt.

Other Threads