Upcoming OLE Component for Excel & WinWord

A Thousand Pardons for the multiple posting, folks. Apparently my service
provider's USENET partition filled up and my postings kept failing with
very cryptic error messages. Now that I log on this morning, my news reader
has automatically buffered *every* attempt at the postings and doesn't offer
any option to withdraw the posting. Please accept my apologies in advance.

        thanx & later,

                Ben Scherrey
                scher...@proteus-tech.com

Re:Upcoming OLE Component for Excel & WinWord

    I have developed two C++ APIs that I'm planning on turning into
Delphi components. One provides access to Word for Windows and the
other provides access to Excel, both via OLE. Since the Delphi component
hides all the OLE calls, all a Delphi developer needs to do is call the
methods and functions of the component in order to get complete control
over both applications. No knowledge of OLE or C++ is required but all
the speed and code size benifits are provided.

    I'm posting this message to get some idea of the level of interest
for such a component. If you are interested, please send me an email
at scher...@proteus-tech.com. I expect the price to be $50 - $75 each
and will include online documentation and a significant amount of
example code. These components should be available before the end of the
year, sooner if the interest warrants it.

    Please send any requests for similar tools or requested features
as well. I can extend this code to support any OLE application with a
documented interface. Please also mention specific platform interests
whether they be 3.1, 95, or NT.

    Thanx for your time & later,

        Ben Scherrey
        Proteus Technologies, Inc.