Pascal "PORT" Command

I'm looking for info. on the "port" predefined array which allows you to
directly read and write to certain memory locations using this array.
More specifically, I'm looking for a way to write characters to the
printer port directly using the port command. Please respond with help
or advice. Thanks in advance.
                                        -Sid

Re:Pascal "PORT" Command

Ed Carter wrote:

> I'm looking for info. on the "port" predefined array which allows you to
> directly read and write to certain memory locations using this array.
> More specifically, I'm looking for a way to write characters to the
> printer port directly using the port command. Please respond with help
> or advice. Thanks in advance.

Look for documentation on BIOS parallel port. Plus you will need some
escape sequences for serious printing. Try Ralf Brown's Interrupt List
for a start.
>From Vinson ABS.

Other Threads