Using RAS Api Question

hi delphi wizards.

I'm working on a little program to count bytes recieved and sent and save
these values in the registry.
I'm in bad need of a simple component that SHOULD come with a documentation
(and if possible with source). I was trying some RAS-Components, but either
they were too complex, without any docs or just didn't contain a routine to
count byte transfer over an internet connection.

Conclusion: RAS-Component with following functionality needed
                 * check if dis/connection occurs
                 * Transferred / Received statistics
                 * if possible, current transfer rate (kb/s)
Source-Code and Documentation really needed !

Any help with this would be VERY appreciated. I'm a Delphi 4 newbie ;)