Indy and time-outs.

How do I set a connection time-out when using Indy components based on
TIdTCPConnection? Also, is there any way to set data time-out (if no
data is received during some interval of time) when downloading files
using TidHTTP and TidFTP. I feel like data time-out I should do myself,
but I cannot believe that there is no build-in connection timeout in
Indy (though, I cannot find anything about timeouts in the help files).

Thanks.

Re:Indy and time-outs.

Dimon <dimo...@pisem.net> wrote in message

> How do I set a connection time-out when using Indy components based on
> TIdTCPConnection? Also, is there any way to set data time-out (if no
> data is received during some interval of time) when downloading files
> using TidHTTP and TidFTP. I feel like data time-out I should do myself,
> but I cannot believe that there is no build-in connection timeout in
> Indy (though, I cannot find anything about timeouts in the help files).

??  My INDY 9.0 has a timeout, well, at least in TidFTP.  It works too:
here is a bit of my test log from last night, showing where the system I am
testing fell over and my Indy FTP timed out on the data in the middle of a
1Mb file xfer  & then started timing out on connection requests:

172.20.0.3 FTPG start           0   0
172.20.0.2 FTPP stop, 458752 bytes tx in 252.233 s ( 1.82 14.55 kB/bit/s)
14.55 14.55
 Socket Error # 0          0
 Socket Error # 10060          0
 Socket Error # 10060          0