Unsigned Long Integer???

How do I declare an unsigned long integer in Delphi?  I am beating my
head against the wall to figure out this one.

Thanks for your assistance.

Please reply to sdmor...@mmm.com.

Re:Unsigned Long Integer???

sdmor...@mmm.com (Scott Morgan) wrote:
>How do I declare an unsigned long integer in Delphi?  I am beating my
>head against the wall to figure out this one.

Well, you can stop and clean up the {*word*76}.  Delphi doesn't support an
unsigned long as a native data type.

>Thanks for your assistance.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

>Please reply to sdmor...@mmm.com.
>Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not represent those of my employer.

Regards,

Stephen Posey
slpo...@concentric.net

Re:Unsigned Long Integer???

On Fri, 02 May 1997 17:11:13 -0600, sdmor...@mmm.com (Scott Morgan)
wrote:

>How do I declare an unsigned long integer in Delphi?  I am beating my
>head against the wall to figure out this one.

Use LongInt and functions that treat LongInt as an unsigned 32 bit
value. See the unsigned unit at http://www.tempest-sw.com/freeware/
for an example.
--
Ray Lischner
Author of Secrets of Delphi 2 (http://www.tempest-sw.com/secrets/)

Re:Unsigned Long Integer???

I am not 100% sure, but will Dword work?

Re:Unsigned Long Integer???

In article <3371ADC2.1...@tlc.co.za>, m...@tlc.co.za wrote:
>I am not 100% sure, but will Dword work?

Nope, 'cause there isn't any Unsigned Long Integer. DWord maps to a cardinal,
which is a 31 bit unsigned integer, or half of a real unsigned long integer.
Maybe if a little less time was spent on ActiveX bullshit and more on the
language, we'd have an unsigned long integer by now. Maybe Delphi 4 will have
one, but I doubt it.

Joel

Other Threads