Delphi 3 and DAO for Office 97

DOn't think you can download. You're supposed to have a licensed copy of
DAO 3 which comes with VB4 or the Access Developer's Tool kit (is that a
contradiction or what?).
--
Pierre du Parte
Final Filer Software

Toby Allen <g035...@iol.ie> wrote in article
<01bcb566$aa29f7a0$022b7dc2@default>...

> Hi,

> Borland state in the readme file for Delphi 3 that the msAccess driver
only
> works if you have previously
> installed Office 97, with DAO 3.0.  Does anyone know if they have
provided
> a fix for this, or where I could
> download DAO 3.0.  I looked on Borlands web site, but cant find it.

> Thanks

> Toby.

Re:Delphi 3 and DAO for Office 97

I am currently writing an application in Delphi 2.0 using ODBC to an Access
DB.
I was thinking of upgrading to Delphi 3.0 as I had heard they had direct
support for Access.  However, it appears this may cause a problem, reading
below.  What is DAO3? And if I need it, how much are the licensed copies
mentioned below?

--
Ian Cope
i.d.c...@leeds.ac.uk

Pierre du Parte <Pie...@duparte.fam.aust.com> wrote in article
<01bcb6c3$525dfae0$4fa26ccb@final1>...

> DOn't think you can download. You're supposed to have a licensed copy of
> DAO 3 which comes with VB4 or the Access Developer's Tool kit (is that a
> contradiction or what?).
> --
> Toby Allen <g035...@iol.ie> wrote in article
> <01bcb566$aa29f7a0$022b7dc2@default>...
> > Hi,

> > Borland state in the readme file for Delphi 3 that the msAccess driver
> only
> > works if you have previously
> > installed Office 97, with DAO 3.0.  Does anyone know if they have
> provided
> > a fix for this, or where I could
> > download DAO 3.0.  I looked on Borlands web site, but cant find it.

Other Threads