Installing Delphi 4 w/o installing BDE

Hi,

I'm trying to install Delphi 4 without installing the BDE.  I find that even
with only 'program files' checked, the install program automaticaly requires
BDE installation.  This was not required in D3.  Is there any way around it?
I don't want to{*word*222}up the MS Office apps or other installs on my system -
the system techs would 'shoot' me.

Cheers,
Joe

Re:Installing Delphi 4 w/o installing BDE

Hi Joe,
BDE 5 is needed for Delphi 4. It is also backwards compatiable with
prior versions of the BDE. I reccomend installing it. And FYI, installs
of Delphi w/out the BDE are not supported.

Corbin

--
Corbin Dunn
Delphi Developer Support