Temp table size limit

Hi all

Does anyone know what the max size temp table the system can create when
Table.Open is called?

Is there a way around the size limit so I can open a large table?

Would I get the same problem if I do:
    Query.SQL.Text := 'Select * from table';
    Query.Open;

Using D5, BDE5.01, MS SQL 7

Thanks in advance.

Richard Moore

Re:Temp table size limit

Richard,

   Yes, use a Where clause in your query.

Good luck,
krf

Richard & Davina Moore <moore...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

> Hi all

> Does anyone know what the max size temp table the system can create when
> Table.Open is called?

> Is there a way around the size limit so I can open a large table?

> Would I get the same problem if I do:
>     Query.SQL.Text := 'Select * from table';
>     Query.Open;

> Using D5, BDE5.01, MS SQL 7

> Thanks in advance.

> Richard Moore

Re:Temp table size limit

Need to return every record in the table

Richard Moore

"Kevin Frevert" <kfrev...@midwayusa.com> wrote in message

> Richard,

>    Yes, use a Where clause in your query.

> Good luck,
> krf

> Richard & Davina Moore <moore...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi all

> > Does anyone know what the max size temp table the system can create when
> > Table.Open is called?

> > Is there a way around the size limit so I can open a large table?

> > Would I get the same problem if I do:
> >     Query.SQL.Text := 'Select * from table';
> >     Query.Open;

> > Using D5, BDE5.01, MS SQL 7

> > Thanks in advance.

> > Richard Moore