size limits??

How big can the code size for a program of TP70 go?  I thought it was
only 64k, but for some reason, my program compiled past 67k???

Re:size limits??

In article <4not1r$...@news.sas.ab.ca> cmar...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca () writes:
>How big can the code size for a program of TP70 go?  I thought it was
>only 64k, but for some reason, my program compiled past 67k???

Oh, yes, there's a 64K limit, but that's 64K per unit (the main program also
counts as a single unit in this case), not per program.

--
Scott Earnest          | We now return you to our regularly scheduled |
siny...@{*word*104}space.org | chaos and mayhem. . . .                      |

Re:size limits??

cmar...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote:

: How big can the code size for a program of TP70 go?  I thought it was
: only 64k, but for some reason, my program compiled past 67k???

   The limit is 64k *per unit*, you can have as many units as you can fit
into your 640k of dos memory. Data is limited (total) to a single 64k
segment. (However, you *can* bypass this by using dynamic memory
allocation on the heap)

   DPMI programs (BP7 required) are limited only by the 16MB limit imposed
by the DPMI server supplied with BP7, or your system memory - whichever
comes first.

--
-- DLH "Warhammer"                           lhad...@knet.flemingc.on.ca
   Visit my home-page, get HTMLstrip and PMove:

Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any form,
in whole or in part. Copyright, Larry Hadley, 1996. Please send notices of
violation to lhad...@knet.flemingc.on.ca and Postmas...@microsoft.com

Re:size limits??

In article <4not1r$...@news.sas.ab.ca>,
   cmar...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca () wrote:

>How big can the code size for a program of TP70 go?  I thought it was
>only 64k, but for some reason, my program compiled past 67k???

The program can be as large as memory will take. Each unit can only have 64K
of code but many units can be combined to make a program. Static data is also
saved in the program.

Other Threads