HELP: Delphi goods, I am not Whorthy !!!

Hi all,
I am working on a project that will display a large dokument
on several tabs and of course i wan't it to look good therefore
i would like to steal the layout from the DELPHI IDE.

My questions:

  Is it possible to override the lower scroll bar in at scrollwindow
  and insert a tab beside the scroll bar ?
  ie. override the resize events and change so that this control
  is smaller then the window + insert the tab beside it.

  Would this be possible or should i build a new component with
  2 scrollbars and a tab on a Tform ?

Second question:

  When i act on resize and scroll my paint procedure is to slow
  i use multiple colors with "textout" character by character
  is this normal or should i first output my text to tbitmap
  and then use copyrect to update my window ?
  Anybody have experience from this ?

No flames please it's only my second post

thank's
J-E

If any are interested in a scrollbar component that work with
longint let me know,

Re:HELP: Delphi goods, I am not Whorthy !!!

In article <319844F7.41C67...@niepce.ericsson.se> Jan Erik Johansson <reej...@niepce.ericsson.se> writes:

>Hi all,
>I am working on a project that will display a large dokument
>on several tabs and of course i wan't it to look good therefore
>i would like to steal the layout from the DELPHI IDE.
>My questions:
>  Is it possible to override the lower scroll bar in at scrollwindow
>  and insert a tab beside the scroll bar ?
>  ie. override the resize events and change so that this control
>  is smaller then the window + insert the tab beside it.
>  Would this be possible or should i build a new component with
>  2 scrollbars and a tab on a Tform ?
>Second question:
>  When i act on resize and scroll my paint procedure is to slow
>  i use multiple colors with "textout" character by character
>  is this normal or should i first output my text to tbitmap
>  and then use copyrect to update my window ?
>  Anybody have experience from this ?
>No flames please it's only my second post

You should not feel embarrassed, nor should you get flames, for posting a
sensible question to this news group, as you did.

Unfortunately I have not attempted the sort of thing you are trying, but I
have a general idea of what I'd do to go about it.

First of all, you need a modified scroll-bar component that includes within
itself the usual scroll-box and the buttons on either end.  Surf the internet
search engines to see if you can find one.

Now you should be able to link that scroll-bar component to the scrollbox,
which is told to have no scroll-bars of its own.  You would place the
scrollbox and the scroll-bar components into a panel, and use the "Alignment"
property of the components to determine their position within the panel:
scrollbars at caRight and caBottom, scrollbox as caClient.

As for the text display, I don't know... but I *do* know that there are a lot
of text-file browser components out there on the Web and I'd suggest that you
look carefully to see if there's something out there you can "steal."  Because
if there is, your entire problem can be solved in ten minutes.  :-)

Again, thank you for your posting and Welcome to the net!

/mr/
Mike Robinson
Sundial Services, Scottsdale AZ USA
(602) 946-8259; fax 874-2068
i...@sundialservices.com
http://www.azwebproducts.com/computer/sundial/sundial1.htm
("sundial-one.htm")

sund...@primenet.com (Sundial Services) writes:
> In article <319844F7.41C67...@niepce.ericsson.se> Jan Erik Johansson <reej...@niepce.ericsson.se> writes:
> >Hi all,
> >I am working on a project that will display a large dokument
> >on several tabs and of course i wan't it to look good therefore
> >i would like to steal the layout from the DELPHI IDE.

> >My questions:

> >  Is it possible to override the lower scroll bar in at scrollwindow
> >  and insert a tab beside the scroll bar ?
> >  ie. override the resize events and change so that this control
> >  is smaller then the window + insert the tab beside it.

> >  Would this be possible or should i build a new component with
> >  2 scrollbars and a tab on a Tform ?

> >Second question:

> >  When i act on resize and scroll my paint procedure is to slow
> >  i use multiple colors with "textout" character by character
> >  is this normal or should i first output my text to tbitmap
> >  and then use copyrect to update my window ?
> >  Anybody have experience from this ?

> >No flames please it's only my second post

> You should not feel embarrassed, nor should you get flames, for posting a
> sensible question to this news group, as you did.

> Unfortunately I have not attempted the sort of thing you are trying, but I
> have a general idea of what I'd do to go about it.

> First of all, you need a modified scroll-bar component that includes within
> itself the usual scroll-box and the buttons on either end.  Surf the internet
> search engines to see if you can find one.

> Now you should be able to link that scroll-bar component to the scrollbox,
> which is told to have no scroll-bars of its own.  You would place the
> scrollbox and the scroll-bar components into a panel, and use the "Alignment"
> property of the components to determine their position within the panel:
> scrollbars at caRight and caBottom, scrollbox as caClient.

> As for the text display, I don't know... but I *do* know that there are a lot
> of text-file browser components out there on the Web and I'd suggest that you
> look carefully to see if there's something out there you can "steal."  Because
> if there is, your entire problem can be solved in ten minutes.  :-)

> Again, thank you for your posting and Welcome to the net!

> /mr/
> Mike Robinson
> Sundial Services, Scottsdale AZ USA
> (602) 946-8259; fax 874-2068
> i...@sundialservices.com
> http://www.azwebproducts.com/computer/sundial/sundial1.htm
> ("sundial-one.htm")

If what I think you asking, I used the TTabset from the ADDITIONAL componet palate with
MDIChild forms and use the TAPS property to name the forms and linked them by using a case
statement. It turns out looking Just like the Edit box for editing .PAS units.

something like this Example.

procedure TMainForm.GafTabSetClick(Sender: TObject);
begin
case GafTabSet.TabIndex of
     0 :begin
       ProjForm.show;
       ProjForm.WindowState := wsMaximized;
       end;

    1 :begin
       header.show;
       header.WindowState := wsMaximized;

Works great for me.  I don't know if that was what you were
Asking but hey, what the heck.

Steve.

Other Threads