Delphi 3 compiled DB App Problem in Windows 2000

My company has an app developed in Delphi 3 using DBase databases.  This application works perfectly through Win9x but when we installed on Win2K machines we have one problem.  A preview of a report that is 3 pages or longer fails.  No standard error message, the preview window is displayed but you cannot browse to next page or app hangs.  The report may be 8 pages, but the preview always displays "page 1 of 3" and won't go any further.  If we print without preview it works fine also any report
of 2 or less pages is fine.
I posted this in the WINAPI newsgroup and was asked if it was using QuickReports.  I believe it is because when you have a report that previews your default save option is QuickReport file.
We are running Dell Optiplex Pentium 4/2.0GHz machines w/512MB RAM running Win2K Pro SP2.  BDE is 5.11

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Joshua Briggs

Re:Delphi 3 compiled DB App Problem in Windows 2000

The failure is because QR is unable to create the temp file that it
requires.   On Win2K and XP, the default directory for temp files has
a very long path name.     The older versions of QR only allowed 32
characters for the temp file path name (It was a mistake. They meant
to make it 128 chars)   If you have the QR source code, you can change
it easily.  If not, either use a later version of QR or change the
Windows temp file directory to something shorter such as C:\Temp

regards
Colin Acheson

On 5 Mar 2002 08:41:04 -0800, "Josh" <josh_bri...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>My company has an app developed in Delphi 3 using DBase databases.
> This application works perfectly through Win9x but when we installed on
> Win2K machines we have one problem.  A preview of a report that is
> 3 pages or longer fails.

Other Threads