calculation of sum/ avg/ cnt etc.

Hallo all,

I want to calculate sums, averages etc WITHOUT sql.
Is this possible at all?

How can I achieve this?

Thank you very much,

Thorsten.

Re:calculation of sum/ avg/ cnt etc.

Thorsten Kominek wrote:

> Hallo all,

> I want to calculate sums, averages etc WITHOUT sql.
> Is this possible at all?

> How can I achieve this?

As a programmer you know that everything is possible:-) Usually it's only
some kind of simple loop:
 Table.First;
 While not Table.EOF
 do...
 Table.Next;

You can look at the MASTAPP Delphi demo, how some of these sum calculations
are done.

I don't have Delphi 4.0 but I understand that there are some new Aggregate.SUM,
or something like that, new features to do those calculations.

Markku Nevalainen

Re:calculation of sum/ avg/ cnt etc.

>I don't have Delphi 4.0 but I understand that there are some new Aggregate.SUM,
>or something like that, new features to do those calculations.

These are only available with the Midas ClientDataset

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads