Cannot access network lock file and Paradox

We have a client that has updated their PC's to Pentium IV's.  We have had
no problems in the past with net directory settings, but they keep getting
an error message"cannot access network lock file" when they try to logon to
our software (which uses Paradox 8).

They have Win2K on the PC and Novell on the server, with full read/write
access to the network folder where the program and net file is stored.  It
is creating the netfile successfully (when checking through Explorer), but
cannot access it.

We have not encountered this problem before, and have checked everything:
- net dir setting
- rights on network folder

Any ideas would be appreciated,
Thanks, Carolyn

Re:Cannot access network lock file and Paradox

Carolyn Yates wrote:
> They have Win2K on the PC and Novell on the server

if you have novell 4.83, there's a patch on their site that should fix this..

--

Steve Green - Diamond Software Group, Inc - Waldorf Maryland USA
Corel CTech Paradox - http://www.diamondsg.com - Support/Downloads/Links

Do you need a Sanity Check? http://www.diamondsg.com/sanity.htm
Upgrade/Downgrade versions? http://www.diamondsg.com/upgrade.htm

Re:Cannot access network lock file and Paradox

Thank you so much, Steve!
The Novell service patch applied to the client and everything works.

Thanks for the fast response, I should have checked the newsgroups
sooner.... that'll teach me.

Carolyn

-------

Carolyn Yates wrote:
> The Novell service patch applied to the client and everything works.

the last few weeks, anything that has W2K and Novell in the same sentence seems
to relate to that patch <g>