Code Browser grey in View menu (Delphi4)

This may be a little off-topic, but I recently noticed that the Code
Browser button on my View menu is greyed out. I recently upgraded to Win
98 and have all 3 Service packs installed. Should there also be a Code
Explorer button, or are they the same thing? Thanks.
Peter Cowie

Re:Code Browser grey in View menu (Delphi4)

> This may be a little off-topic, but I recently noticed that the Code
> Browser button on my View menu is greyed out. I recently upgraded to Win
> 98 and have all 3 Service packs installed. Should there also be a Code
> Explorer button, or are they the same thing? Thanks.

Peter,

this question really belongs into the delphi.ide groups. Anyway, the
browser (class browser) will only be available if you have already
compiled your project at least once successfully. The browser depends on
the DSM (Delphi symbols) file the compiler creates. This file will only be
saved if you have the "desktop and symbols" option checked in
Tools|environment options. If this is not checked you will have to compile
once in each Delphi session to be able to use the browser.

Re:Code Browser grey in View menu (Delphi4)

Thanks. I'll check it out.
Peter cowie
"Peter Below (TeamB)" wrote:
> > This may be a little off-topic, but I recently noticed that the Code
> > Browser button on my View menu is greyed out. I recently upgraded to Win
> > 98 and have all 3 Service packs installed. Should there also be a Code
> > Explorer button, or are they the same thing? Thanks.

> Peter,

> this question really belongs into the delphi.ide groups. Anyway, the
> browser (class browser) will only be available if you have already
> compiled your project at least once successfully. The browser depends on
> the DSM (Delphi symbols) file the compiler creates. This file will only be
> saved if you have the "desktop and symbols" option checked in
> Tools|environment options. If this is not checked you will have to compile
> once in each Delphi session to be able to use the browser.

> No e-mail responses, please, unless explicitly requested!

Other Threads