Accessing a remote DB using Intersolv ODBC Driver

Hi !

    Im trying to access a remote Interbase DataBase but Im having
    problems to configure the
    System DSN -> ODBC Interbase Driver Setup -> General -> Database
Name :
    First I mapped the path of the remote machine\directory to my
computer
    is called "E:\Interbase" and inside this directory is my
maillist.gdb
    If I put this path "E:\maillist.gdb"  the BDE Administrator closes
himself.
    Please,  somebody could helpe me ?

Thanks,
Renato

Re:Accessing a remote DB using Intersolv ODBC Driver

Renato,

don't use shares and mapped drives. For accesing a remote database
with TCP/IP use a connection string like: "SERVER:E:\maillist.gdb"
(without quotes), whereas E:\mailist.gdb is the absolut path
to your database on the server.

HTH,
Thomas Steinmaurer
IB LogManager 2.0 - The Logging Tool for Interbase/Firebird
http://www.iblogmanager.com

"Renato Barbosa Miranda" <rmira...@inatel.br> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Hi !

>     Im trying to access a remote Interbase DataBase but Im having
>     problems to configure the
>     System DSN -> ODBC Interbase Driver Setup -> General -> Database
> Name :
>     First I mapped the path of the remote machine\directory to my
> computer
>     is called "E:\Interbase" and inside this directory is my
> maillist.gdb
>     If I put this path "E:\maillist.gdb"  the BDE Administrator closes
> himself.
>     Please,  somebody could helpe me ?

> Thanks,
> Renato