copy table from SQL Server to Access DB (programmable)

Hello

I want to copy the (a subset or all records) from a SQL server table to an
Access database. Of course i can insert new records row by row. But isn't
there a faster way to do this (from the client without the import/export
wizard from Microsoft)?

Thanks

Marco

ps. my goal is to have a local copy of SQL database for laptop users
(generated once a day/week or a manual action)

Re:copy table from SQL Server to Access DB (programmable)

Use DTS, this is the underlying technology that the wizard uses. It is just
COM.

-Euan

"Marco" <mdis...@wirehub.nl> wrote in message

> Hello

> I want to copy the (a subset or all records) from a SQL server table to an
> Access database. Of course i can insert new records row by row. But isn't
> there a faster way to do this (from the client without the import/export
> wizard from Microsoft)?

> Thanks

> Marco

> ps. my goal is to have a local copy of SQL database for laptop users
> (generated once a day/week or a manual action)

Re:copy table from SQL Server to Access DB (programmable)

I know i can use DTS, but that means that i have to install the COM object
on everye machine... I want to minimize my installation. I'm searching for
an other way....

Thanks

Marco

"Euan Garden" <euan.gar...@spicedham.usa.net> wrote in message

> Use DTS, this is the underlying technology that the wizard uses. It is
just
> COM.

> -Euan

> "Marco" <mdis...@wirehub.nl> wrote in message
> > Hello

> > I want to copy the (a subset or all records) from a SQL server table to
an
> > Access database. Of course i can insert new records row by row. But
isn't
> > there a faster way to do this (from the client without the import/export
> > wizard from Microsoft)?

> > Thanks

> > Marco

> > ps. my goal is to have a local copy of SQL database for laptop users
> > (generated once a day/week or a manual action)

Re:copy table from SQL Server to Access DB (programmable)

Does it have to be Access? Rather than a local SQL Server Database?

If you can just use SQL Server then snapshot the records you need by doing
"select into" into a snapshot SQL database, then just detach the .mdf and
.ldf files onto the client machine.
Otherwise you will have to implement a mini-dts.

> I know i can use DTS, but that means that i have to install the COM object
> on everye machine... I want to minimize my installation. I'm searching for
> an other way....

> Thanks

> Marco

> "Euan Garden" <euan.gar...@spicedham.usa.net> wrote in message
> > Use DTS, this is the underlying technology that the wizard uses. It is
> just
> > COM.

> > -Euan

> > "Marco" <mdis...@wirehub.nl> wrote in message
> > > Hello

> > > I want to copy the (a subset or all records) from a SQL server table
> an
> > > Access database. Of course i can insert new records row by row. But
> isn't
> > > there a faster way to do this (from the client without the
import/export
> > > wizard from Microsoft)?

> > > Thanks

> > > Marco

> > > ps. my goal is to have a local copy of SQL database for laptop users
> > > (generated once a day/week or a manual action)

Other Threads