Board index » delphi » indy telnet server and dos stdin stdout

indy telnet server and dos stdin stdout

    Exist a way to redirect DOS stdin and stdout to telnet server, like
connect
in a telnet server and open a Windows DOS output??? Like telnet server on
windows 2000?

    Any idea?

    Thanx all

 

Re:indy telnet server and dos stdin stdout


crist...@ivirtua.com.br (Cristian) wrote in <3b81a592_2@dnews>:

Quote
>    Exist a way to redirect DOS stdin and stdout to telnet server, like
>connect
>in a telnet server and open a Windows DOS output??? Like telnet server on
>windows 2000?

You have to use pipes to capture the stdin and out.

--
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - http://www.pbe.com/Kudzu/
Current Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
      "Programming is an art form that fights back"

Re:indy telnet server and dos stdin stdout


Quote
> >    Exist a way to redirect DOS stdin and stdout to telnet server, like
> >connect
> >in a telnet server and open a Windows DOS output??? Like telnet server on
> >windows 2000?

> You have to use pipes to capture the stdin and out.

    Ok, any example code? I need to use redir32.exe/win9x or
redir.exe/nt,2000?

    How to trap a dos connection inside indy telnet component?

    Thanx Kudzu

Re:indy telnet server and dos stdin stdout


"Cristian" <crist...@ivirtua.com.br> wrote in news:3b83e29c_1@dnews:

Quote
>     Ok, any example code? I need to use redir32.exe/win9x or
> redir.exe/nt,2000?

No sample code, it was years ago when I did it. No need for redirect. Use CMD
and catch the pipe. Try Google you might turn up something.

--
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - http://www.pbe.com/Kudzu/
Current Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
      "Programming is an art form that fights back"

Re:indy telnet server and dos stdin stdout


Chad,

Quote
> ... No need for redirect. Use CMD
> and catch the pipe. ...

I'm afraid, it's not that simple.

First, quite a few "COMMAND LINE" apps don't use stdin/stdout
to input/output to console, so none of them would work if you just
redirect the streams.

Secondly, if you just spawn a "CMD" command from your telnet
server then, the command will be executed in server's security
context. What it means is that all your telnet server users will have
same access rights (equal to the user's account that your server
running as) and you won't be able to distinguish (and control)
between "Robby (The Administrator)" and "Joe (Mail Boy/Just
Learning But Very Keen How To Use Computers).

There is a "standard" way to overcome second problem, it's called
NTLM and "Client/Server Access Control (Client Impersonation).

I don't know about first problem. I think, you would have to run
a periodical screen scan procedure and send scanned screen images
over the connection.

Alex

Re:indy telnet server and dos stdin stdout


"Alex Brainman" <brain...@sussan.com.au> wrote in news:3b84497d$1_1@dnews:

Quote
> First, quite a few "COMMAND LINE" apps don't use stdin/stdout
> to input/output to console, so none of them would work if you just
> redirect the streams.

Yes I know. If you search for my older posts you'll find my rants about
Microsoft on this one. Several commercial telnet vendors also rant about
this.

MS really fubarred this up by providing like 5 ways to write to the console,
and few ways to trap them.

Quote
> Secondly, if you just spawn a "CMD" command from your telnet
> server then, the command will be executed in server's security
> context. What it means is that all your telnet server users will have

You can adjust the privileges and impersonate other users.

Quote
> I don't know about first problem. I think, you would have to run
> a periodical screen scan procedure and send scanned screen images
> over the connection.

Its much bigger than that. You must then translate them into a "stream" not
an update.

--
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - http://www.pbe.com/Kudzu/
Current Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
      "Programming is an art form that fights back"

Other Threads