Delphi 2.01 installation problems

>>In <4u8j67$...@arl-news-svc-3.compuserve.com>, dbigg...@iee.org (David Biggins) writes:
>>>I have a problem installing Delphi 2.0 on my NT 3.51 Workstation. I
>>>get the following error message:
>>>Severe: C:\WINNT35\system32\vcf132.ocx-51
>>>And the installation program just aborts. Does anyone know what's
>>I have had exactly the same problem. I called Borland, and their
>>suggestion is to get  Service Pack 4 from Microsoft before proceeding.
>>I have not received this yet so I cannot say whether it will work -
>>Borland did not sound too sure either.
>I had the same problem this past Sunday.  I was installing it on
>Windows NT v3.51.  No patches installed.  It was a fresh NT install,
>so I know it wasn't a strange interaction with other 3rd party software.
>Anyway, I was logged in as myself when I got the error.  I logged out and
>back in as Administrator and re-installed it without any problems.  I don't
>know if being the Admin is what helped, but its worth a try!  Let me know if
>it works for you.

I've got a similar problem, but I'm using win95!
I've talked to Borland - but they haven't any answers yet.
We've tried copying everything to the hard disk and doing the install in safe mode - same results!

Any suggestions?
Please also reply be email as my news server is not reliable.

TIA, Steve.
This article was posted to Usenet via the Posting Service at Deja News:
    http://www.dejanews.com/      [Search, Post, and Read Usenet News!]