Searching for non-DB Report tool w/ RTF or HTML output

Hi All,

I'm searching for a report / print tool which should have following
features:

1) Not database-oriented, the report will be fed at runtime with
calculated values

2) Must support Page header, Page footer and functionality similar to
Master/Detail reps

3) Must support any kind of bands, eg. a repeated lines filled with
individual values (just like Master/Detail but not fed from a Database)

4) Should give the user a possibility to save a report in RTF or HTLM
format so that it can be edited with a text editor

Does anyone know of such a tool? Any information will be highly
appreciated. So far all I've found is more database oriented or does not
support export .. :(

TIA

Andreas

Re:Searching for non-DB Report tool w/ RTF or HTML output

Check out fast report by Alexander Tyzganenko at
www.fr.hotmail.ru/
it should do all you want and more.
regards
gord knight

"Andreas Vogel" <voge...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi All,

> I'm searching for a report / print tool which should have following
> features:

> 1) Not database-oriented, the report will be fed at runtime with
> calculated values

> 2) Must support Page header, Page footer and functionality similar to
> Master/Detail reps

> 3) Must support any kind of bands, eg. a repeated lines filled with
> individual values (just like Master/Detail but not fed from a Database)

> 4) Should give the user a possibility to save a report in RTF or HTLM
> format so that it can be edited with a text editor

> Does anyone know of such a tool? Any information will be highly
> appreciated. So far all I've found is more database oriented or does not
> support export .. :(

> TIA

> Andreas

Re:Searching for non-DB Report tool w/ RTF or HTML output

Please give ReportBuilder a try - we offer non-database reporting via our
JITPipeline component (behaves like our regular DBPipeline, except you
implement where the data comes from) and our extensible output device
architecture allows for a variety of output formats (see www.waler.com for
TExtraDevices - a product that allows ReportBuilder to output to RTF and
HTML, among others).
We have numerous demos that ship with the product, including a group of
reports demonstrating the non-database reporting capabilities of RB. Among
those demos you will also find a few reports that show how to do
master/detail reporting using the JITPipeline.

You can download a trial version of ReportBuilder from our website at
www.digital-metaphors.com.

--

Cheers,

Robert Leahey
Digital Metaphors Corporation
http://www.digital-metaphors.com

Please do not send messages directly to me unless I have requested it.
Please send requests for technical support to supp...@digital-metaphors.com.

"Andreas Vogel" <voge...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi All,

> I'm searching for a report / print tool which should have following
> features:

> 1) Not database-oriented, the report will be fed at runtime with
> calculated values

> 2) Must support Page header, Page footer and functionality similar to
> Master/Detail reps

> 3) Must support any kind of bands, eg. a repeated lines filled with
> individual values (just like Master/Detail but not fed from a Database)

> 4) Should give the user a possibility to save a report in RTF or HTLM
> format so that it can be edited with a text editor

> Does anyone know of such a tool? Any information will be highly
> appreciated. So far all I've found is more database oriented or does not
> support export .. :(

> TIA

> Andreas

Other Threads