Win' 9x-Oracle 8i-SCO Open Server

What requirements I need to connect an application developed in Delphi
(CLIENTS Win'9x) to an Oracle 8i database located in an SCO Open Server
(SERVER) ?

Simple querys developed for Interbase for Windows will need changes to run
with Oracle 8i for SCO Open Server ?

Thanks,

Re:Win' 9x-Oracle 8i-SCO Open Server

Angel,

You'll need the Oracle client (Net8) installed and configured on the Win98
box.  That will take care of letting your client talk to the Oracle8i server
(regardless of what OS its running on.)

As for changes needed to the SQL statements currently in Interbase, the
answer is: It depends!  It depends on the SQL statements themselves and what
it is that you're trying to accomplish.  Generally, however, every database
server has its own quarks or limitations in syntax and/or ability and has
its own way of doing things.

Good luck and enjoy.

"Angel Snchez" <ange...@jazzfree.com> wrote in message

> What requirements I need to connect an application developed in Delphi
> (CLIENTS Win'9x) to an Oracle 8i database located in an SCO Open Server
> (SERVER) ?

> Simple querys developed for Interbase for Windows will need changes to run
> with Oracle 8i for SCO Open Server ?

> Thanks,

Other Threads