Feature request for TIdAttachment

Hi!

It would be very nice if TIdAttachment could take a TStream instead of
requiring a file on disk. This will make it possible to send mail with
attachments that are generated on the fly without worrying over creating
unique filenames in a threaded environment.

Another good idea is to separate the local filename used to locate the
fileon disk from the filename used when generating the message.

I hope that anyone from the Indy Pit Crew agrees and help me out with this!

Regards,
Fredrik Haglund
R & D Engineer, BoldSoft

________________________________

BoldSoft - www.boldsoft.com
The Model is the System. Period.
________________________________

Re:Feature request for TIdAttachment

I needed the functionality of changing the filename of an attachment in a
recent project also.  I made some minor changes to TIdAttachment to get this
functionality.  If you want a copy of the source let me know. I also posted
a message about a month ago to this group touching on this subject, but no
reply.

Mike
m...@faribonet.net

"Fredrik Haglund (BoldSoft)" <fredrik.hagl...@noboldsoftjunk.com> wrote in
message news:3c409422_2@dnews...

> Hi!

> It would be very nice if TIdAttachment could take a TStream instead of
> requiring a file on disk. This will make it possible to send mail with
> attachments that are generated on the fly without worrying over creating
> unique filenames in a threaded environment.

> Another good idea is to separate the local filename used to locate the
> fileon disk from the filename used when generating the message.

> I hope that anyone from the Indy Pit Crew agrees and help me out with
this!

> Regards,
> Fredrik Haglund
> R & D Engineer, BoldSoft