Pascal Compiler for Win 3.1 / Win 95

Anybody knows of any Pascal Compiler for Window 95 ? I really like to have
one. Too bad BP 7.0 and BPW 1.5 are only for Windows 3.1 and Delphi ain't
my cup of tea :(.

If anyone have any information, please tell me.

Re:Pascal Compiler for Win 3.1 / Win 95

Hi,

Well Delphi 2 and Delphi 3 can be viewed as a a simple pascal compiler. If
you do not want those components hierarchy to learn, just to simply write a
Win95 proggym, you can write in a normal editor using simple Windows API
calls, and the compile with dcc32. It is similar to  BP7. Well if you check
their versions Delphi 2 is ver 9 and Delphi 3 is ver 10, because BP was ver
7.

However if you do not want to dig into mysteries of Windows, then Delphi is
the fastest way to develop an app. If you know OWL and know OOP then Delphi
will be familiar to you.

Bye

Chopin

yaoting wrote:

> Anybody knows of any Pascal Compiler for Window 95 ? I really like to have
> one. Too bad BP 7.0 and BPW 1.5 are only for Windows 3.1 and Delphi ain't
> my cup of tea :(.

> If anyone have any information, please tell me.

 I will have you know that Delphi is the take off of BPW, everything
is in it as the BPW has..
  ///

Re:Pascal Compiler for Win 3.1 / Win 95

> yaoting wrote:

> > Anybody knows of any Pascal Compiler for Window 95 ? I really like to have
> > one. Too bad BP 7.0 and BPW 1.5 are only for Windows 3.1 and Delphi ain't
> > my cup of tea :(.

There is a Win95 port of Gnu-Pascal around (CYGWIN). I haven't tried this
though, as I have never bothered with win95 at all.

Other Threads