Importing ActiveX control in Delphi 4

Hi  Anybody ever encounter having problem with imnported ActiveX control
under Delphi 4 (3 alike) ? What I mean is when I tried to drop some of these
control from the VCL palette, I would sometimes encounter access violation
error which force me to exit Delphi 4, or reboot if serious.  One of the
componets I use from third party developers is LeadTools (this control is
also advertised in one of the booklet comes with Delphi 4 package).
Apparently I have to modify the import type library file  compile the
package, but still cannot make the control work well with Delphi 4.  Please
advice if there's any idea of how to solve this problem. Thanks.

Re:Importing ActiveX control in Delphi 4

Test out the imageLib Corporate Suite, we have a VCL for Delphi and a new
Active X written in Visual C++ both are for document and photographic imaging.
Jillian
In article <6vus20$kf...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

  min...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> Hi  Anybody ever encounter having problem with imnported ActiveX control
> under Delphi 4 (3 alike) ? What I mean is when I tried to drop some of these
> control from the VCL palette, I would sometimes encounter access violation
> error which force me to exit Delphi 4, or reboot if serious.       One of the
> componets I use from third party developers is LeadTools (this control is
> also advertised in one of the booklet comes with Delphi 4 package).
> Apparently I have to modify the import type library file  compile the
> package, but still cannot make the control work well with Delphi 4.  Please
> advice if there's any idea of how to solve this problem.Thanks.

> http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

Re:Importing ActiveX control in Delphi 4

I have heard that Lead Tools does not support Delphi 4.0. However our third
party imaging tools : ImageLib Corporate Suite and ImageLib Combo are both
native Delphi Components and support Delphi 4.0. The Suite also supports C++
Builder and recently and new is support for Microsoft Visual C++ (Active X)
and support for Visual Basic.

If you'd like to try a trial , go to : www.imagelib.com

  min...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> Hi  Anybody ever encounter having problem with imnported ActiveX control
> under Delphi 4 (3 alike) ? What I mean is when I tried to drop some of these
> control from the VCL palette, I would sometimes encounter access violation
> error which force me to exit Delphi 4, or reboot if serious.       One of the
> componets I use from third party developers is LeadTools (this control is
> also advertised in one of the booklet comes with Delphi 4 package).
> Apparently I have to modify the import type library file  compile the
> package, but still cannot make the control work well with Delphi 4.  Please
> advice if there's any idea of how to solve this problem.Thanks.

> http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

Re:Importing ActiveX control in Delphi 4

Mingji,

Thank you for your support of LEAD and LEADTOOLS.

When Borland upgraded Delphi 2 to version 3, they rewrote all of the OCX
handling code in the compiler. Since doing this, there have been reports of
large ActiveX controls having problems in Delphi 3 and 4. We have been working
with Inprise to come up with a solution for this nagging problem, but
currently none has been provided. However, LEAD has many customers that use
the LEADTOOLS DLL toolkits in Delphi with no problems at all.

Additionally, we are about to announce the release of new LEADTOOLS VCL
components for Delphi. We are doing this for two reasons. First, because of
the problem of ActiveX controls working in Delphi. Second, we have had many
requests for VCL's by our customers that LEAD wants to fulfill.

The VCL's will offer the same functionality as the Main, ISIS, Screen Capture,
and LEAD Common Dialog ActiveX controls. If you wish to be placed on my list
of people to contact once it has been released, or if you have any additional
questions, please do not hesitate to contact me,

Gabriel Smith
G...@LEADTOOLS.com
LEAD Technologies

In article <70e3p0$v...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,