Q:Personal Oracle 95 with Delphi 1.02/SQL-Links 16

We have several problems to connect the BDE from Delphi 1.0 to PO95.

The first question is: is it possible?

My second question logically, how can we do it?

We would appreciate any information.
Thanks

Re:Q:Personal Oracle 95 with Delphi 1.02/SQL-Links 16

TESTA <TE...@spectraweb.ch> wrote:
>We have several problems to connect the BDE from Delphi 1.0 to PO95.
>The first question is: is it possible?
>My second question logically, how can we do it?
>We would appreciate any information.
>Thanks

I tried to connect the BDE 3.0 (with Delphi 2.0) to Oracle Developer & Designer 2000,
but didn't succeed, because the BDE driver for Oracle was too old (version 7.1),
and I needed atleast version 7.3.
But, if your version of Personal Oracle 95 can be connected to from the BDE, then try
changing the VENDOR INIT on your Oracle alias (inside BDE Config)  to ORA72.DLL, or try
searching-up all ORA*.DLL files in all directories Oracle created upon installation or SQL*Net.
You can search the whole disk, because there are probably not many files that start with ORA.

        Good luck ...

  Danijel Tkalcec,
  Croatia.
  You can E-mail me at: <Danijel.Tkal...@public.srce.hr>

My point of view :)

  *************
  * " The real beauty of human being is defined
  *     in the first place by how much and in which
  *        way has it released itself from its ego. "
  ************************
      Albert Eistein,
      Mein Weltbild, Amsterdam:
      Querido Verlag, 1934.

Danijel Tkalcec wrote:

> I tried to connect the BDE 3.0 (with Delphi 2.0) to Oracle Developer & Designer 2000,
> but didn't succeed, because the BDE driver for Oracle was too old (version 7.1),
> and I needed atleast version 7.3.
> But, if your version of Personal Oracle 95 can be connected to from the BDE, then try
> changing the VENDOR INIT

I have been trying to get the Oracle ODBC drivers to work with PO7 and
Delphi 2.0.  But I can not
find the VENDOR INIT parameter you are referring to.  I have checked the
BDE Config app and I don't see it in there under any of the tabs.  Am I
missing something?

R,
Hugh
--