Advantage database server

Hi there.

We are currently migrating from old Clipper applications to Delphi. For that
purpose we are currently using Luxents Apollo, but I just discovered the
Advantage database server - which might suit us better.

Does anyone have experience with it (good or bad) ?

--

Best regards

Peter Henriksen, dgb as
e-mail: p...@dgb.dk; rep...@post2.tele.dk

Re:Advantage database server

Peter,
  Our Novell 3.12 server has the Advantage dBase server NLM loaded,
and with the Clipper apps, it worked exactly as described.  We're
planning a move to Delphi as well, but for some reason, the Delphi
compiled test apps occasionally have a hard time seeing that the
Advantage server is present (even though he Clipper apps can see it
fine).  I've also tried the NT version and that seems to have a much
better success rate with regard to the Delphi programs seeing the
dBase server.  I've called Advantage and they think it may be because
I'm running the Novell NetWare 32 bit client instead of Microsoft's
NetWare redirector, and I haven't heard back from them with any fixes
yet.
Myron

"Peter Henriksen" <rep...@post2.tele.dk> wrote:
>We are currently migrating from old Clipper applications to Delphi. For that
>purpose we are currently using Luxents Apollo, but I just discovered the
>Advantage database server - which might suit us better.
>Does anyone have experience with it (good or bad) ?

C. Myron Ware   Senior Prog/Analyst, CNE
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/1370/

Other Threads