Status Bar Messages Dissappear!

I have a program that works great on my developement PC. I like to keep
the user informed so I put a lot of notices on the Status Bar (they like
it!). I take this same .exe to another PC and it runs great.... sans the
Status Bar messages?????  Where did they go ?????

Thanks, Craig.

Re:Status Bar Messages Dissappear!

> Craig Leidy wrote:

> sans Status Bar messages?????  Where did they go ?????

ComCtl32.dll has struck again?

Andreas Pawlik wrote in message <37211B26.E41C8...@augsburg.netsurf.de>...

>ComCtl32.dll has struck again?

What does that mean?   Are there funnies with ComCtl32.dll?

Andrew Spencer

Re:Status Bar Messages Dissappear!

>>Andreas Pawlik wrote:

>>ComCtl32.dll has struck again?

>Craig Leidy wrote:

>WHAT DOES THAT ACTUALLY MEAN???????????

Craig,

never heard about encrypted messages?   ;-)
OK, joking apart: as TStatusBar belongs to unit comctrls, *I suppose* it
depends on M$ ComCtl32.dll, like ToolBar and others. Your problem might
go away by updating comctl32 to the same version on all machines running
your prog.
M$ are causing lots of trouble everytime they release a new version of
comctl32. Scan your newsgroups for 'comctl', you'll find several threads
about the subject (disappearing bitmaps on ToolButtons when installing
apps on new machines etc.). See, for instance
- vcl.components.using
- vcl.components.writing
- winapi
- graphics

Have fun  ...  Andreas

Re:Status Bar Messages Dissappear!

I have had the same sort of problems.  I think it's because the message is
not being processed right away, but haven't been able to find a solution.
Sometimes placing an Application.ProcessMessages after setting the Status
bar text will resolve the problem, but not in all cases.
Try it.
Craig Leidy wrote:
> I have a program that works great on my developement PC. I like to keep
> the user informed so I put a lot of notices on the Status Bar (they like
> it!). I take this same .exe to another PC and it runs great.... sans the
> Status Bar messages?????  Where did they go ?????

> Thanks, Craig.

Re:Status Bar Messages Dissappear!

Thanks Brian:

I already had the Application.ProcessMessages in when the problem kicked
in. I think it's a .dll inconsistancy. It seem to be OK on most other
computers.

Brian Matchey wrote:

> I have had the same sort of problems.  I think it's because the message is
> not being processed right away, but haven't been able to find a solution.
> Sometimes placing an Application.ProcessMessages after setting the Status
> bar text will resolve the problem, but not in all cases.
> Try it.

Other Threads