Getting rid of the dreaded pdox...net files

I have a very small app with only a few tables. I have converted them all to
.dbf type tables. My goal was to get rid of the p..lck and p...net file
problems. The app runs just fine now, jpeg images and all. BUT, the *&^%
little .net and .lck files still appear and disappear. How do I (using the BDE
since I can't afford $350 for Apollo) get rid of anything to do with paradox?
(I have set each table as dbase instead of default.)

- Gary

Edison Information Technologies
P.O. Box 554
Milan, OH  44846-0554
419.499.7040
www.EdisonInfo.com
G...@EdisonInfo.com

Re:Getting rid of the dreaded pdox...net files

>I have a very small app with only a few tables. I have converted them all to
>.dbf type tables. My goal was to get rid of the p..lck and p...net file
>problems. The app runs just fine now, jpeg images and all. BUT, the *&^%

Are you using Cached updates?  BDE uses Paradox tables to implement the cache
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Getting rid of the dreaded pdox...net files

Not necessarily. The gist behind the comment about the BDE was since I didn't
want to purchase a muli-hundred $$ solution for such a small app. If there is
a 'freeware' or similar solution, I'm all for it. The BDE is a pain.

- Gary

Brian Bushay TeamB wrote:

> >  You are not stuck with Paradox or Apollo as your only choices.  I've
> >worked very successfuly with Advantage Database for some time now.  It will
> >cost you nothing in local or peer to peer deployments and if you need to it
> >can scale really big with the client server edition at a reasonable cost.
> >Distribution and configuration is a piece of cake only three small dlls no
> >BDE headaches,Their support is the best.

> If you read the original post you will see it requested a BDE only solution.

> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Getting rid of the dreaded pdox...net files

No, I have the set to false for each table.

- Gary

Brian Bushay TeamB wrote:

> >I have a very small app with only a few tables. I have converted them all to
> >.dbf type tables. My goal was to get rid of the p..lck and p...net file
> >problems. The app runs just fine now, jpeg images and all. BUT, the *&^%
> Are you using Cached updates?  BDE uses Paradox tables to implement the cache
> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Getting rid of the dreaded pdox...net files

>Not necessarily. The gist behind the comment about the BDE was since I didn't
>want to purchase a muli-hundred $$ solution for such a small app. If there is
>a 'freeware' or similar solution, I'm all for it. The BDE is a pain.

I don't know of any freeware dbase components

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Getting rid of the dreaded pdox...net files

Since it appears there are no free dbf components available, maybe you would
like to tell us what problems you are having and just maybe someone can
assist you in overcoming instead of circumventing.

Other Threads