Master/Detail question

Howdy hackers!

I have several sourcves of reference but I seem to miss the point in all
of them concerning the master/detail option available.

I have two tables; I am working on a project where the user can manage
bookings of three objects. I have two tables

1) One with the columns
*date
*object1
*object2
*object3

2) One with the bookers/customers

First field is an index, and then several strings for adress etcetera.
The values places in the Objectfileds in "Table One" aree the same as
this tables indexfiled - there is hence a relation where Table Two
contains the "One" in the "many to one" relation.

So;

Which is the master and which is detail and how do I set this up?

(I wouldn't mind a personal copy of your answer!)

Re:Master/Detail question

In a master/detail relationship the table with the "one" record is the master
the one with the "many" related or detail is, of course the detail.

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you ask how to set it up.  Do you mean
how to set it up visually on a form?

********************************
Michael Glatz
glatzfa...@aol.com
mgl...@briefcase.com

Re:Master/Detail question

On 25 Dec 1998 17:37:33 GMT, in comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases you wrote:

>In a master/detail relationship the table with the "one" record is the master
>the one with the "many" related or detail is, of course the detail.
>I'm not quite sure what you mean when you ask how to set it up.  Do you mean
>how to set it up visually on a form?

Well it seems the connection merely syncs the pointer for the current item of
the master and detail database, so that selecting one object in the master
aslo show the corresponding detail in the master database (or the other way
around).

This was not what I was looking for, so let's drop the issue, but thanx for
taking the time to answer.

  Aka:        Bacchus/FairLight (UIN 109686)
  Phone/Fax:  +46-70-5246010 / +46-70-6126010

  Get the FairLight CD - www.fairlight.to/cd

Other Threads