Exception EPrinter myapplication.exe at 00246E6. Printer not selected.

Have you experienced similar behaviour. I get this error randomly:
"Exception EPrinter myapplication.exe at 00246E6. Printer not selected."
I have a printer installed and it works fine until the above mentioned error
appears. I can only click OK, and that causes the program to crash. After
restarting everything looks ok until...

Application has been made with Delphi 4.0 Client/Server, the HW platform is
INTEL 350 PII.

There is an Apollo barcode printer attached. It uses NT driver. I print
QReport  reports (small labels) automatically from my application.

Is IT in my application, NT 'operating system', hardware, printer, printer
driver or somewhere else?

Have you experienced similar behaviour. What causes that error?  What might
help me??? Can I use the 00246E6 for something? Address? Is it just some
memory location where the error occurred or is there some information hidden
in it?

Lots of mysterious things... Can anyone help me?

Re:Exception EPrinter myapplication.exe at 00246E6. Printer not selected.

Hi Michael,

> Have you experienced similar behaviour. I get this error randomly:
> "Exception EPrinter myapplication.exe at 00246E6. Printer not selected."
> Have you experienced similar behaviour. What causes that error?  What might
> help me??? Can I use the 00246E6 for something? Address? Is it just some
> memory location where the error occurred or is there some information hidden
> in it?

Go to >Find Run Time Error< (in your project) type in the address -> get
the line that caused the error.

> I have a printer installed and it works fine until the above mentioned error
> appears. I can only click OK, and that causes the program to crash. After
> restarting everything looks ok until...

I got similar problems on Delphi III C/S with almost all NT drivers ->
might be a problem of TPrinter.
Couldn't find a real solution and posted some requests ... but nobody
answered so far.

See what the others got ...

CR

> Application has been made with Delphi 4.0 Client/Server, the HW platform is
> INTEL 350 PII.

> There is an Apollo barcode printer attached. It uses NT driver. I print
> QReport  reports (small labels) automatically from my application.

> Is IT in my application, NT 'operating system', hardware, printer, printer
> driver or somewhere else?

> Have you experienced similar behaviour. What causes that error?  What might
> help me??? Can I use the 00246E6 for something? Address? Is it just some
> memory location where the error occurred or is there some information hidden
> in it?

> Lots of mysterious things... Can anyone help me?

Carsten Ralle                                  Hewlett Packard GmbH
Tel.  +49 7031 14-8292                         BVS R&D
Fax   +49 7031 14-3883                         Herrenberger Str. 110-140
email carra...@bidrf63.bbn.hp.com              71034 Boeblingen, Germany