Questions about Delphi 4 C/S (Installation,Build and ISX)

Hi People,

        On my machine I have Delphi 3 C/S with BDE 5.0 (upgraded)
working fine. So, my question is:

        Can I install Delphi 4 C/S without problems? (I saw some
problems in NewsGroups)
        Delphi 4 has "Build Version"? If yes, what's the last build of
Delphi 4 C/S? Where or how can I find it?
        The installShield Express version bundled with Delphi 4 C/S is
Beta??? (I'm not have installed D4 yet, but my co-worker
        yes, and during the installation, on splash screen, he saw the
ISX Beta Version for D4... Is this possible???)

Thanks a lot.
Victor/..8-))

Re:Questions about Delphi 4 C/S (Installation,Build and ISX)

I've got both installed with no probelms.  If your video card is an S3 chip
D4 does exposed the driver bitmap cache bug much easier than D3 did (D3 it
was pretty much only 1024x768 mode 16 bit color) so you might have to do one
of the many workarounds that have been stated here.  My ISX shows version
2.02 and does not mention beta at all.

Jeff Overcash

Jose Victor Esselin Filho <jvic...@mymail.com.br> wrote in message
35BFBE02.E0FC7...@mymail.com.br...

>Hi People,

>        On my machine I have Delphi 3 C/S with BDE 5.0 (upgraded)
>working fine. So, my question is:

>        Can I install Delphi 4 C/S without problems? (I saw some
>problems in NewsGroups)
>        Delphi 4 has "Build Version"? If yes, what's the last build of
>Delphi 4 C/S? Where or how can I find it?
>        The installShield Express version bundled with Delphi 4 C/S is
>Beta??? (I'm not have installed D4 yet, but my co-worker
>        yes, and during the installation, on splash screen, he saw the
>ISX Beta Version for D4... Is this possible???)

>Thanks a lot.
>Victor/..8-))

Other Threads