Does IBX 4.6 support variants for largeints?

When I try to access a TField's Value property, Delphi says it's of an
unknown type. This seems to happen for this one field I have, which a
TLargeIntField. I am accessing it via FieldByName method. According to
the documentation, I should get a variant or a largeint back, but not an
unknown type error. I tried AsVariant too with no luck.

Is this a bug or do I have to write around the problem by evaluating the
TField's DataType first?

Re:Does IBX 4.6 support variants for largeints?

It can't.  MS's underlying Varient class does not support Int64 data types.
When working with LargeInt Fields you have to bypass any conversion to MS
Variants.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   I don't think there are any Russians
(Please do not email    And there ain't no Yanks

Other Threads