TMainMenu or ActionMainMenuBar on a TCoolBand problem

How can i put a TMainMenu as main control on a TCoolBand while using XP
manifest ?
I've try TActionMainMenuBar without success because menu titles loose their
color. In fact after i update Actionbars with CodeCentral patch, things are
better but not correct. With D7 original Actionbars, decolorization was
random and on all menu titles. Now after the update, only the first menu
displays with lighter color than the others.
Any possible way to put menus on a coolbar and keep collbar XP themes ?

thanks

Re:TMainMenu or ActionMainMenuBar on a TCoolBand problem

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:23:14 +0200, "Ted" <{NoSpAm...@in.gr> wrote:
>How can i put a TMainMenu as main control on a TCoolBand while using XP
>manifest ?

You can't. TMainMenu is not really a control, and menus cannot be
placed on a TCoolBar band.

You can place a TActionMainMenuBar on a band, or try using another
container, such as TControlBar.

---
Yorai Aminov (TeamB)
http://www.shorterpath.com

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 16:03:55 +0200, "Ted" <{NoSpAm...@in.gr> wrote:
>Any other possible way to create an XP menu look like that on IE/OE ?

You could try using a toolbar menu. Place a TToolBar on your form, and
set it's Menu property to a TMainMenu component.

---
Yorai Aminov (TeamB)
http://www.shorterpath.com

Re:TMainMenu or ActionMainMenuBar on a TCoolBand problem

That's what i'm going to use until find a better solution / component

Thanks Yorai for the help

regards
Ted

"Yorai Aminov (TeamB)" <yami...@trendline.co.il> wrote in message

> On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 16:03:55 +0200, "Ted" <{NoSpAm...@in.gr> wrote:

> >Any other possible way to create an XP menu look like that on IE/OE ?

> You could try using a toolbar menu. Place a TToolBar on your form, and
> set it's Menu property to a TMainMenu component.

> ---
> Yorai Aminov (TeamB)
> http://www.shorterpath.com
> (TeamB cannot answer questions received via email.)

Re:TMainMenu or ActionMainMenuBar on a TCoolBand problem

Hi Ted,
  Please take a look at the thread "TActionMainMenuBar paint bugs (Repost)
where I posted a bug fix for this XP theme menu painting issue.

--
-Steve
Delphi/C++ Builder R&D