D3 : CachedUpdates & Index work

Hi!

I had seen a news that using index before CachedUpdated table's
ApplyUpdates, CancelUpdates call don't work exactly.

It's right?
If it's true, I can't use SetRange or FindKey, and etc that related to

Re:D3 : CachedUpdates & Index work

I use SetRange and Findkey in CachedUpdates all the time.  I'm not quite
sure what you've heard.  The only thing you can't do is switch the active
index while the table is in cached update mode (you get a Capability not
Supported).

Ryan McGinty
OCERIS, Inc.

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:12:13 +0900, "DMB" <dmb...@netsgo.com> wrote:
>I had seen a news that using index before CachedUpdated table's
>ApplyUpdates, CancelUpdates call don't work exactly.

You can use them all right.  The problem is that the records or the
changes in the cache are not reflected in the index.

That's why Locate would use a filter rather than the index if
CachedUpdates are on.

Jan

Other Threads