LIKE causes GPF in IDSQL32.DLL

I'm running D5 Pro on Win98 (1st ed.) and am trying to set up some queries
in DBExplorer. The following query:

select * from "table1" t1
where t1.col like "030-%";

to select all rows where column equals "030-xxxxxxx" is causing the BDE to
crash with the following error:

Access Violation at address 4C5EA5D2 in module 'IDSQL32.DLL' Read of address
CCCCCCCC.

What's wierder is that when I clear the message and execute the query again
(in DBExplorer) I get the query results, which appear correct. If I try to
change the query and rerun, I usually get the error, but again, if I clear
the error and try it a second time, I get the data.

I have only tried this in DBExplorer so far, and have not tried it with a
full app. Does anyone see a problem here? I'm not an SQL expert, but it
seems like the query above should be pretty straightforward. Any help or
assistance would be most appreciated.

Will Symonds
wsymo...@ghgcorp.com

Re:LIKE causes GPF in IDSQL32.DLL

Please disregard; I discovered the error was due to some bad field names
contained in the Dbase file. Had some illegal characters in them, which were
written when I created the file out of an Excel s/s. Cleaned up the field
names, and voila.

Just curious why Excel 2000 would write invalid field names.....oh well.

WHS
wsymo...@ghgcorp.com

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999 12:11:15 -0500, "Will Symonds" <wsymo...@ghgcorp.com>
wrote:

>I'm running D5 Pro on Win98 (1st ed.) and am trying to set up some queries
>in DBExplorer. The following query:

>select * from "table1" t1
>where t1.col like "030-%";

[...]

Your syntax is correct for local SQL. This would seem to be a problem in
the latest version of the BDE, specifically in its local SQL. The BDE
development team is aware of a number of problems in local SQL and they are
working to resolve the problems. In the meantime, you can get get moving
forward again by replacing the BDE system file IDSQL32.DLL with the one
from the previous version of the BDE.

Steve Koterski                  "Computers are useless. They can only give
Technical Publications          you answers."
Borland                                       -- Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)
http://www.borland.com/techpubs/delphi

Other Threads