IBX 4.6 TIBDataSet QDelete is not Public anymore???

I can not call QDelete anymore. (and I think I really need to). Compiler
says "UNDeclared indentifier QDelete"

I need help fast!!!

-Tommi Prami-

Re:IBX 4.6 TIBDataSet QDelete is not Public anymore???

Tommi Prami wrote:

> I can not call QDelete anymore.

        That's right.  Jeff has been warning that this would become protected
for months now.

> (and I think I really need to).

        What is it that you wish to do?  There is probably a better way.

        -Craig

Re:IBX 4.6 TIBDataSet QDelete is not Public anymore???

I need to run DeleteSLQ query!! is there any other way to do it??? and is
there any good reason why it is protected??

-Tommi-

Tommi Prami wrote:

> I need to run DeleteSLQ query!! is there any other way to do it???

        Put the query in the SelectSQL property and ExecSQL.

> and is
> there any good reason why it is protected??

        Yes; to prevent you from doing what you are trying to do.  In the not
so distant future, these properties may be significantly changed in
order to facilitate the execution of multiple statements (SQL Scripts).
This will make updating UNIONs, complex JOINs, etc., much easier but
would break code which depended upon these properties.  This is why Jeff
has been warning for months not to use them.

        HTH,

        -Craig