ADO Stored procs : Time-outs for big calculations

I'm doing a huge calculation on a SQL 7 database using a Stored Proc (ADO). Although I set the 'command timeout' to about 500 secs, I still get the 30 sec 'time-out' failure.

Any suggestions. I'm using D5
Thanks

Re:ADO Stored procs : Time-outs for big calculations

>I'm doing a huge calculation on a SQL 7 database using a Stored Proc (ADO). Although I set the 'command timeout' to about 500 secs, I still get the 30 sec 'time-out' failure.

In D5 CommandTimeOut does not work with TadoQuery or TadoStorredProc
Use a TadoDataset or TadoCommand where CommandTimeOut works.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads