Controlling "Windows Explorer" by program ?

2003-06-23 10:33:55 PM
delphi84
Hi all,
I would like to control the Windows Explorer programmatically.
For example, given a valid path, I'd like to set the focus on this folder in Windows Explorer.
Is it possible?
Do you known some links to this kind of code?
(I'm runnind D5 under WinNT 4)
Thank you very much in advance
Philippe

Re:Controlling "Windows Explorer" by program ?

In article <3ef70fd3$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...

Hi all,

I would like to control the Windows Explorer programmatically.
For example, given a valid path, I'd like to set the focus on this folder in Windows Explorer.
Is it possible?
Do you known some links to this kind of code?
(I'm runnind D5 under WinNT 4)
See this:
cpcug.org/user/clemenzi/technical/WinExplorer/CommandLineOptions.htm

Eddie Shipman <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
In article <3ef70fd3$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...

>Hi all,
>
>I would like to control the Windows Explorer programmatically.
>For example, given a valid path, I'd like to set the focus on this folder in Windows Explorer.
>Is it possible?
>Do you known some links to this kind of code?
>(I'm runnind D5 under WinNT 4)

See this:

cpcug.org/user/clemenzi/technical/WinExplorer/CommandLineOptions.htm
Thanks, but it is not exactly what I try to do.
I suppose an instance of Windows Explorer is already running, and I want to control that instance.

Re:Controlling "Windows Explorer" by program ?

Interacting with the explorer is explained in
www.euromind.com/iedelphi/index.htm
I don't know if your problem is explained here, but it is a huge source
of information about linking explorer and delphi.
Success
Willem

--
Willem van Deursen
The Netherlands

Re:Controlling "Windows Explorer" by program ?

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
Interacting with the explorer is explained in
www.euromind.com/iedelphi/index.htm

I don't know if your problem is explained here, but it is a huge source
of information about linking explorer and delphi.

<SNIP>
Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer...

Re:Controlling "Windows Explorer" by program ?

Microsoft keeps on telling us that these are so integrated that they can
not separate them and build an OS without Internet Explorer ;-).
No seriously, the two seem to have a very similar interface, and many of
the mechanisms described for internet explorer work for the windows
explorer.
Willem