Movie #32 Online - Dockable Forms

2008-03-06 03:13:38 PM
delphi183
For those who are interested I have just put my 32nd tutorial online.
This one is just a quick introduction to making forms dockable, I'll
probably do a few more on this topic if there is interest.
You can of course view it on my website codegearguru.com
--
Alister Christie
codegearguru.com

Re:Movie #32 Online - Dockable Forms

Alister Christie writes:
For those who are interested I have just put my 32nd tutorial online.
This one is just a quick introduction to making forms dockable, I'll
probably do a few more on this topic if there is interest.

You can of course view it on my website codegearguru.com
Looks cool, how about showing how to do the docking through code with
out dragging.
i.e. Say you want to click a button and have the form automatically dock
into the page control, or open a document and have it dock into the page
control and show how to right click on the tab to close the form.
Later,
Tony

Alister Christie writes:
For those who are interested I have just put my 32nd tutorial online.
This one is just a quick introduction to making forms dockable, I'll
probably do a few more on this topic if there is interest.
I feel foolish - I had no idea that was so straightforward. Thanks for
the demo!

Tony Caduto writes:
Looks cool, how about showing how to do the docking through code with
out dragging.
dn.codegear.com/article/33446
I've been threatening to do a follow up but unfortunately time is a
major constraint.
--
TJSDialog - TaskDialog for other operating systems:
www.jed-software.com/jsd.htm

Re:Movie #32 Online - Dockable Forms

Yes I might look into this for my next video, docking and floating in
code, possibly also the TDockTabSet dn.codegear.com/article/33446
Walter Matte writes:
Right after I saw the movie, I asked myself the same question.....

'ManualDock' see help for other options....

procedure TForm1.cxButton1Click(Sender: TObject);
var
aForm : TForm;
begin
aForm := TForm2.Create(Application);
aForm.ManualDock(cxPageControl1);
aForm.Show;
end;

Walter

--

" Tom Corey" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Alister Christie writes:

>For those who are interested I have just put my 32nd tutorial online.
>This one is just a quick introduction to making forms dockable, I'll
>probably do a few more on this topic if there is interest.

I feel foolish - I had no idea that was so straightforward. Thanks for
the demo!
It indeed is, but it is somewhat buggy. If you look at Alister's movie, you
will see that one of docked form's colour doesn't show up at some point.
Nothing to do with Alister's code, just the internal implementation.
Personally, I wish that CG would concentrate on this kind of issue rather
than adding new features (except for 64-bit and cross-platform which I
needed yesterday... :)), but well...
Alan

Re:Movie #32 Online - Dockable Forms

Alister,
I'll probably do a few more on this topic if there is interest.
Docking is something I have yet to even give a second glance - up to this
video. As it turns out, that has been a big mistake on my part. After
watching your video, I now see it as something that deserves a whole lot more
of my attention. It took 5 minutes of my time to learn this although, I
expect is was considerable more on your part. it is perfect for a project I
have on the go, that is still in the "mulling it over" stage. I'd most
definitely be interested in any additional videos you do on the topic.
Many thanks for the time and effort you spend creating these invaluable
resources for the Delphi community.
--
Dave
Shop Steward Local 55129