Re: BDS 2006 update rules

Max writes:
I can buy a "BDS 2006 Professional Update from Delphi" if I have an old
Delphi 4 Standard edition?
Usually the requirement is that you have to have the same SKU as the one you
want to upgrade to, so if you want BDS pro, you must have Delphi N pro.
Oddly enough, the Kylix 3 pro I bought for 19 Euros a few years ago
qualifies for an update to BDS 2006, according to the Borland online shop
in Germany. The same goes for the Delphi 3 pro that came free with the
first edition of the book "Delphi fuer Kids"(#1). (The current second
edition comes with Delphi 7 personal, which does not qualify for an
upgrade.)
MfG
twm

Re: BDS 2006 update rules

Thomas Mueller writes:

Max writes:

>I can buy a "BDS 2006 Professional Update from Delphi" if I have an old
>Delphi 4 Standard edition?

Usually the requirement is that you have to have the same SKU as the one you
want to upgrade to, so if you want BDS pro, you must have Delphi N pro.
Actually that has never been the rule. People in the past have complained that
Pro users could upgrade to Enterprise at the same price as previous enterprise
users.
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build

Re: BDS 2006 update rules

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) writes:
Thomas Mueller writes:
>Hi,
>
>Max writes:
>
>>I can buy a "BDS 2006 Professional Update from Delphi" if I have an old
>>Delphi 4 Standard edition?
>
>Usually the requirement is that you have to have the same SKU as the
>one you
>want to upgrade to, so if you want BDS pro, you must have Delphi N pro.

Actually that has never been the rule. People in the past have
complained that Pro users could upgrade to Enterprise at the same price
as previous enterprise users.
So do you think I can buy the BDS 2006 Pro update from Delphi 4 Standard?

Re: BDS 2006 update rules

Hi!
Max writes:
So do you think I can buy the BDS 2006 Pro update from Delphi 4 Standard?
Afaik, minimum is Delphi 4 Pro, so: no...
Robert