BDNRadio: Delphi Hour #6 replay

2006-08-17 09:45:09 AM
delphi109
Thanks to all who participated, and congratulations to Jolyon Smith for
winning CodeSite 4. The replay is available now.
BDNradio: Delphi Hour #6
Nick interviews Ray Konopka of Raize Software in this installment.
Listen to the replay and read the chat log.
bdn.borland.com/article/33646
Enjoy
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re:BDNRadio: Delphi Hour #6 replay

In article <44e3ca25$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>says...
Thanks to all who participated, and congratulations to Jolyon Smith for
winning CodeSite 4. The replay is available now.
Can I just say "Wow" and thanks a lot!
It's still sinking in (I'm the kinda guy who just doesn't seem to ever
win at things like lotteries raffles etc, so it may not seem a big deal
to many, but it is to me!)
:D
--
Jolyon Smith

Re:BDNRadio: Delphi Hour #6 replay

In article <44e3ca25$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>says...
Thanks to all who participated, and congratulations to Jolyon Smith for
winning CodeSite 4. The replay is available now.

BDNradio: Delphi Hour #6
Nick interviews Ray Konopka of Raize Software in this installment.
Listen to the replay and read the chat log.
bdn.borland.com/article/33646
Oh, and the session is well worth a listen!
--
Jolyon Smith

Jolyon Smith writes:
It's still sinking in (I'm the kinda guy who just doesn't seem to
ever win at things like lotteries raffles etc, so it may not seem a
big deal to many, but it is to me!)
Congratulations again, then!
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it is not here, it is not happening: ec.borland.com

Re:BDNRadio: Delphi Hour #6 replay

John,
BDNradio: Delphi Hour #6
Nick interviews Ray Konopka of Raize Software in this installment.
Best hour I had today. Ray is an excellent speaker. Man it went fast. Must have been all the multi-tasking ... listening to you and Ray, watching/helping the gallery take shots at you, clicking on that damn button every two minutes - someone in the gallery said the more you clicked the bigger the "swag" got. Jolyon won out in the end, CodeSite 4 too ::grumble:: ::grumble:: <I don't think he was even there for more the 5 minutes Nick ... I was watching>... just joking congrats to Jolyon on his win, thanks to Ray for putting it up for grabs and finally you/DevCo for the show.
--
Dave
Shop Steward for Local 55124

Re:BDNRadio: Delphi Hour #6 replay

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>says...
<I don't think he was even there for more the 5 minutes Nick
... I was watching>
<blush>
You got me - I only picked up the last 10 minutes or so.
When I heard my name I had to look around to see if any of my esteemed
colleagues had orchestrated some sort of sophisticated wind-up.
<gulp>Reckon my name could be even more mud around here than usual
after this.
:(
If it makes you feel any better I have since downloaded the hour and
replayed it in it is entirety.
:)
--
Jolyon Smith

Re:BDNRadio: Delphi Hour #6 replay

Jolyon,
You got me - I only picked up the last 10 minutes or so.
Hehe, I have no idea who was there and when. I did recognize a lot of big names once they started heckling each other and some of the others where nicknames were easy to decipher. Sorry, didn't mean to rat you out but then you didn't need to admit to it :)
Probably the closest I will ever get to sitting around talking [listening, raptly I might add, on my part] about Delphi with that list of names ... if we just could of had some beers :)
--
Dave
President & CEO

Dave Keighan writes:
Probably the closest I will ever get to sitting around talking [listening,
raptly I might add, on my part] about Delphi with that list of names ...
if we just could of had some beers :)
You should make a Developer Conference sometime. I am sure they're not
quite the same today as in the "good old days". But they're still pretty
awesome! :)

Re:BDNRadio: Delphi Hour #6 replay

"Dave Keighan" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Dave
President & CEO
International Brotherhood of Delphi Hobbyists and Occupational Developers
I like the new sig. 8:-)
--
Thanks,
Brad.

Re:BDNRadio: Delphi Hour #6 replay

Jon,
You should make a Developer Conference sometime.
Planning on getting to the one in October. I will be the guy humping around a great stack of books/manuals looking for the authors to sign them :)
--
Dave
Founding Member & Evangelist
Delphi Hobbyists and Occupational Developers

Re:BDNRadio: Delphi Hour #6 replay

Brad,
I like the new sig. 8:-)
I made up a dozen or so for XanaNews to inject at random ... bit of a giggle and a new meme.
--
Dave
Physician & General Therapist

Dave Keighan writes:
Sorry, didn't mean to rat you out but then you didn't need to admit
to it :)
Well, we do know the timestamp of every time someone clicks the "I am
listening" button ;)
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it is not here, it is not happening: ec.borland.com

Re:BDNRadio: Delphi Hour #6 replay

John,
Well, we do know the timestamp of every time someone clicks the "I am
listening" button ;)
The second time I clicked it I was just making sure ... honest. :)
--

Dave Keighan writes:
The second time I clicked it I was just making sure ... honest. :)
Heh. We actually decided to track every click people do just as a
curiosity, to see who is a happy clicker and who is not ;)
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it is not here, it is not happening: ec.borland.com

Re:BDNRadio: Delphi Hour #6 replay

John Kaster wroter:
Heh. We actually decided to track every click people do just as a
curiosity, to see who is a happy clicker and who is not ;)
Watch it, John! This talk about happy *ckers sounds vaguely {*word*201}! ;-)
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM