Delphi 2007 for Win32 - ESD

2007-02-22 07:31:45 AM
delphi71
On shop.borland.com there are 2 new versions of Delphi
Delphi 2007 for Win32
Delphi 2007 for Win32 - ESD
The prices and listed features are the same ... what's the difference?
Robert

Re:Delphi 2007 for Win32 - ESD

Robert writes:
The prices and listed features are the same ... what's the difference?
ESD is "Electronic Software Delivery".
You'll get an email and a download link. you will download a "stub"
setup.exe that will then install the product over the internet.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear

Re:Delphi 2007 for Win32 - ESD

Thanks
"Nick Hodges (CodeGear)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Nick Hodges (CodeGear) writes:
ESD is "Electronic Software Delivery".

You'll get an email and a download link. you will download a "stub"
setup.exe that will then install the product over the internet.
I had a look at the US shop site. can not buy there but wanted to see
how it worked. Why is the site automatically adding shipping to an ESD
purchase?
Cheers
Dean

Re:Delphi 2007 for Win32 - ESD

Dean Hill writes:
Why is the site automatically adding shipping to an ESD
purchase?
<sigh>Because there's a{*word*222}up at DigitalRiver. Grr.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear
blogs.codegear.com/nickhodges

Re:Delphi 2007 for Win32 - ESD

ESD is "Electronic Software Delivery".

You'll get an email and a download link. you will download a "stub"
setup.exe that will then install the product over the internet.
Can I use this method to install on my desktop, laptop and home PC?

Re:Delphi 2007 for Win32 - ESD

David Perkins writes:
Can I use this method to install on my desktop, laptop and home PC?
Yes, as long as you only use one at a time.
--

Robert writes:

>The prices and listed features are the same ... what's the difference?

ESD is "Electronic Software Delivery".

You'll get an email and a download link. you will download a "stub"
setup.exe that will then install the product over the internet.
Then why are 3 of the ESD products listed as "physical" and not "download"?

Robert writes:

>The prices and listed features are the same ... what's the difference?

ESD is "Electronic Software Delivery".

You'll get an email and a download link. you will download a "stub"
setup.exe that will then install the product over the internet.
And why is the download option only available for US customers. Where
can European customers order the download?

Re:Delphi 2007 for Win32 - ESD

wiggum writes:
Then why are 3 of the ESD products listed as "physical" and not
"download"?
Because it is hard to get DR to set things up just so.
We are working on it. Sorry for the confusion.
--

Dean Hill writes:

>Why is the site automatically adding shipping to an ESD
>purchase?

<sigh>Because there's a{*word*222}up at DigitalRiver. Grr.
Again. Perhaps you should get someone competent to run your online store.

Re:Delphi 2007 for Win32 - ESD

wiggum writes:
And why is the download option only available for US customers. Where
can European customers order the download?
I'm working on getting download options available for the rest of the
world. There shoudl be other locations in the world that will provide
this.
--

>Robert writes:
>
>>The prices and listed features are the same ... what's the difference?
>ESD is "Electronic Software Delivery".
>
>You'll get an email and a download link. you will download a "stub"
>setup.exe that will then install the product over the internet.
What do you do if you want to backup the setup file(s) to a DVD?

Re:Delphi 2007 for Win32 - ESD

wiggum writes:
Again. Perhaps you should get someone competent to run your online
store.
We have competent people. We need a more responsive vendor.
--

wiggum writes:
What do you do if you want to backup the setup file(s) to a DVD?
Copy them from your harddrive to the DVD -- the whole setup ends up on
your hard drive.
You can also later order a Media kit for $25 (I think).