Re: FastCode/FastMove

2007-10-28 08:09:09 PM
delphi154

How should the name of our project be spelled? ;-)
tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/fastcodeproject/polls
I voted FastCode because it is more like the Delphi casing rules.
Kind regards,
Davy Landman

Re: FastCode/FastMove

Davy Landman writes:

>How should the name of our project be spelled? ;-)
>tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/fastcodeproject/polls

I voted FastCode because it is more like the Delphi casing rules.

Kind regards,
Davy Landman
FastCode:
www.acaciacons.com.au/fastcode/fastcode.htm
but I agree woth your vote.
David

Re: FastCode/FastMove

There seems to be a convention all around the net to spell it FastCode -
I am favor for FastCod because I seem to be blind words spelled together
without Capital letters.
That's why my Finnish is so terrible (we have very very long words. And
lot of words are combined, not sure what is correct English word for it.
Example Sairausvakuutuskortti = Health Insurance Card)
-TP-

Re: FastCode/FastMove

Tommi Prami writes:
>There seems to be a convention all around the net to spell it
>FastCode -

I am favor for FastCod because I seem to be blind words spelled
together without Capital letters.

That's why my Finnish is so terrible (we have very very long words.
And lot of words are combined, not sure what is correct English word
for it. Example Sairausvakuutuskortti = Health Insurance Card)

-TP-
Amusingly, Cod is a type of fish (in English)! A FastCod must be trained
to win races. <G>Your Finnish is far better than mine though. Germans
also have long combined words (and probably a word to describe such
words).
Cheers,
David

Re: FastCode/FastMove

David J Taylor writes:
Tommi Prami writes:
>>There seems to be a convention all around the net to spell it
>>FastCode -
>I am favor for FastCod because I seem to be blind words spelled
>together without Capital letters.
UUps, FastCode, not the Fish...
btw One Finnish writer wrote once that Devil had infinite resources when
he/she was designing German grammar, is it that difficult??? :)
-TP-

Re: FastCode/FastMove

Tommi Prami writes:
[]
btw One Finnish writer wrote once that Devil had infinite resources
when he/she was designing German grammar, is it that difficult??? :)

-TP-
Probably not if you are used to Latin grammar. Of course, our modern
languages and colloquial usage frequently fails to use the correct case,
pronouns etc. In English, to say "whither goest thou?" would sound
hundreds of years old compared to"where are you going?". German keeps the
directionally sensitive forms of "where".
Rather like comparing today's Delphi with yesterday's BASIC. Or using
variants! <G>
David

Re: FastCode/FastMove

Dennis,
| How should the name of our project be spelled? ;-)
I've already voted for FastCode. <g>
10/29/2007 09:37:47
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]