dbexpress and firebird 1.5

2004-06-29 05:49:32 PM
delphi279
Hi
how must I configure dbexpress to acces firebird?
GetDriverFunc=getSQLDriverINTERBASE
LibraryName=dbexpint.dll
VendorLib=GDS32.DLL
in VendorLib I supose fbclient.dll but in the others?
thanks

Re:dbexpress and firebird 1.5

how must I configure dbexpress to acces firebird?

GetDriverFunc=getSQLDriverINTERBASE
LibraryName=dbexpint.dll
VendorLib=GDS32.DLL

in VendorLib I supose fbclient.dll but in the others?
For starters, I wouldn't use the InterBase driver :-)
You can download a trial - with installation instructions -
of a Firebird specific dbExpress driver at www.upscene.com
--
With regards,
Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
www.upscene.com

Re:dbexpress and firebird 1.5

OK if you've installed a special GDS32.DLL replacement library with
Firebird.
This small (37KB) library just redirects standard IB calls to the actual
FBCLIENT.DLL client library. So you can have legacy (IB) applications to
work with Firebird so that they (applications) "think" that they work with
IB.
Maxim.
"Felix González" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hi

how must I configure dbexpress to acces firebird?

GetDriverFunc=getSQLDriverINTERBASE
LibraryName=dbexpint.dll
VendorLib=GDS32.DLL

in VendorLib I supose fbclient.dll but in the others?

thanks

Re:dbexpress and firebird 1.5

Hi!
I've used dbExpress with fbclient.dll, without gds32.dll and have
experienced no problems so far. For this you only need to change VendorLib
for fbclient.dll, other parameters/attributes can be same as for Interbase.
But now, when I read Maxim's mail, I am not sure anymore if this is best way
to do it. Maybe it is wiser to use gds32.dll redirection lib like Maxim
suggested, because when firebird guys want to change fbclient.dll interface
they probably keep Interbase-compatible interface in gds32.dll
Make sure you have updated your interbase dbExpress driver (there's update
available somewhere in borland.com), because original version (at least in
D6 but I think in Delphi 7 as well) outputted nonsense data for some sql
expressions.
Aivar
"Felix González" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hi

how must I configure dbexpress to acces firebird?

GetDriverFunc=getSQLDriverINTERBASE
LibraryName=dbexpint.dll
VendorLib=GDS32.DLL

in VendorLib I supose fbclient.dll but in the others?

thanks

Re:dbexpress and firebird 1.5

of a Firebird specific dbExpress driver at www.upscene.com
Or go to www.sourceforge.net and look for the UIB DBExpress drivers.
--
Noel

Re:dbexpress and firebird 1.5

"Noel" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>escreveu na mensagem
On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:51:36 +0200, "Martijn Tonies"
<m.tonies@upscene!nospam!.com>writes:
Or go to www.sourceforge.net and look for the UIB DBExpress drivers.
Where?

Re:dbexpress and firebird 1.5

www.progdigy.com (Unified Interbase section)
XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:51:36 +0200, "Martijn Tonies"
><m.tonies@upscene!nospam!.com>writes:

>Or go to www.sourceforge.net and look for the UIB DBExpress drivers.

Where?

Re:dbexpress and firebird 1.5