Re: Pocket PC & Paradox

2003-08-03 02:48:11 AM
delphi30
I have a similiar problem. Why is this question ignored?
David
"Imma Aixendri" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hello !
I have a Delphi 6 "restaurant" application using Paradox tables and I have to
communicate it to a Pocket PC, can I acces paradox tables with embedded
VB?,
How can I send information into then Pocket PC?

Thanks

Re: Pocket PC & Paradox

"Finn Tolderlund" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I have worked with Delphi and paradox tables and with embedded VB(Visual Basic) on
Pocket
PC.
What DB would you recommend for Pocket?
Robert

Re: Pocket PC & Paradox

Use MS SQL server (or MSDE) and eVB's embedded sql server components (can't
remember the correct name).
This enables the Pocket PC's embedded sql server to communicate and
synchronize with MS SQL server.
That's what I have used.
--
Finn Tolderlund
"Robert Kaplan" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>skrev i en meddelelse
What DB would you recommend for Pocket?

Re: Pocket PC & Paradox

Looked it up:
Select "Microsoft CE ADOX Control 3.1", "Microsoft Data Access Control 3.1"
and "Microsoft Sql Server for Windows CE" when building the setup in the
Install Wizard.
It's been a little while since I used it.
--
Finn Tolderlund