2-Page Reports?

2005-07-08 11:01:47 PM
delphi127
Using the QuickReports that came with Delphi 7, is there a way to make a
2-page report? it is kind of a form letter, populating a bunch of fields
based on a single record from the database. I am just not seeing a way
to make a second page. Can it be done?
Regards,
David P. Donahue
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:2-Page Reports?

David P. Donahue writes:
Using the QuickReports that came with Delphi 7, is there a way to make a
2-page report? it is kind of a form letter, populating a bunch of fields
based on a single record from the database. I am just not seeing a way
to make a second page. Can it be done?
Well, sort of. The only way to do it is to make a separate report. If
you want to link the two together, you need to use a TQRCompositeReport,
that way you can print out both at the same time.
However, it isn't designed very well, and it is a bit limited: for
example, it can not handle having different page formats for each report,
they both have to be the same. Another example is that it can not duplex
the whole thing as a single report (i.e. report 1 on the first side of
the page, and report 2 on the other side). If you want to duplex, it
will only duplex each report _individually_, it will not duplex them
together.
We came across these two problems a week or so ago, and so we switched
to FastReports. Not only does it solve these two problems beautifully,
but it is also much better in just about every way. I highly recommend
it. Do yourself a favour: try it out.
Regards,
Jonathan Neve.

Re:2-Page Reports?

Does the purchased version of QuickReports have this same limitation?

David P. Donahue writes:
Does the purchased version of QuickReports have this same limitation?
Yup. that is the one I use. Though I only use version 3.6..., not 4.
Perhaps version 4 fixes it...? But I'd be very surprised! <g>
Regards,
Jonathan Neve.