Re: Delphi 2005 update 1 is out!

2004-12-24 04:51:51 AM
delphi283
bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,32875,00.html
Downloading stops at 90%. I have retried several times.

Re: Delphi 2005 update 1 is out!

Happy Holidays!

bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,32875,00.html
Great job! Thanks.
--
Sergey Mishkovskiy
www.usysware.com/dpack/ - GExperts like VS.NET add-ins

Re: Delphi 2005 update 1 is out!

Great present, I suppose I was a good boy :-)
Already downloaded and installed, memory usage no more ramping up.
Merry Xmas to Everybody.
"Anders Ohlsson (Borland)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Happy Holidays!

bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,32875,00.html

--
Anders Ohlsson - Borland Developer Relations - bdn.borland.com/
Borland Software Corporation - www.borland.com/ - Excellence Endures

Mauro Venturini writes:
Great present, I suppose I was a good boy :-)
Yes {*word*269}ia, there is a santa claus at Borland Corp. :)
--
blogs.slcdug.org/esaputra

Re: Delphi 2005 update 1 is out!

Joe Bain writes:
Longest installing update ever.
MSI is a masterful piece of software engineering as we all know,
how could you dare to expect less.
Martin

Re: Delphi 2005 update 1 is out!

"Alan Garny" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>Happy Holidays!
>
>bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,32875,00.html

Woo hoo!!!! :)
Downloaded it, installed it and recompiled my project. My two major
concerns, so far, still remain: problem with the close button of a docked
window and strange GUI effect when closing pages in a Page Control.
Conclusion: still a no-go for me... Annoying! Then again, I guess it would
have been ludicrous of me to expect those problems to be fixed. :(
Alan.

>"Anders Ohlsson (Borland)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>Happy Holidays!
>>
>>bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,32875,00.html
>
>Woo hoo!!!! :)

Downloaded it, installed it and recompiled my project. My two major
concerns, so far, still remain: problem with the close button of a
docked window and strange GUI effect when closing pages in a Page
Control.

Conclusion: still a no-go for me... Annoying! Then again, I guess it
would have been ludicrous of me to expect those problems to be fixed.
:(

Alan.
What are the QC entries for these? I would like to know what they are.
cheers,
--
QC Client: www.alphalink.com.au/~jed/QC/
Blog: jedqc.blogspot.com/

Re: Delphi 2005 update 1 is out!

Anders Ohlsson (Borland) writes:
Happy Holidays!

bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,32875,00.html
YAY!!!
My chrimbo is made!

JED writes:
What are the QC entries for these? I would like to know what they are.
Maybe we can form a thread of the QCs that were fixed and those that
werent. So, create a top thread of Fixed/Not fixed in update 1..
underneath reply with QC xxxx - fixed or QC xxxx - not fixed and make
up our own?

Re: Delphi 2005 update 1 is out!

Joe Bain writes:
Here are the changes for anyone that wants to reed them.
unless Im blind a lot of the IDE issues werent fixed, the ones such as
the flickering, the docked/undocked issues, the Win32 installation....
Well, its a good long list of fixes, but sadly many more to go.

Liz writes:
JED writes:

>What are the QC entries for these? I would like to know what they are.

Maybe we can form a thread of the QCs that were fixed and those that
werent. So, create a top thread of Fixed/Not fixed in update 1..
underneath reply with QC xxxx - fixed or QC xxxx - not fixed and make
up our own?
Given the time frame and by the looks of all the fixes, I doubt many of
the fixes were influenced by QC for this update. I am sure John will
correct me if otherwise. If there is another update - I think QC will
be a strong influence.
--
QC Client: www.alphalink.com.au/~jed/QC/
Blog: jedqc.blogspot.com/
Configure Delphi 2005 the way you want it to be:
www.alphalink.com.au/~jed/dcm.htm
Checkout my code central submissions for D2005
cc.borland.com/ccweb.exe/author

Re: Delphi 2005 update 1 is out!

Joe Bain writes:
Just finished about 45 min. And now it wants to reboot.
Hmmmm, I didn't have to reboot. The install time allowed me to go get
some breaky though! Did you have to install some of the prerequists
when you first installed D2005? Perhaps you had a file locked that
needed to be updated so it had to reboot to update the file.
--

"Liz" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Anders Ohlsson (Borland) writes:

>Happy Holidays!
>
>bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,32875,00.html

YAY!!!

My chrimbo is made!
Query from a colonial - what's a chrimbo?
--
Charles Appel
"A generation which ignores history has no past - and no future."

Re: Delphi 2005 update 1 is out!

"damian marquez" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Charles Appel <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
>"Liz" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>Anders Ohlsson (Borland) writes:
>>
>>>Happy Holidays!
>>>
>>>bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,32875,00.html
>>
>>YAY!!!
>>
>>My chrimbo is made!
>
>Query from a colonial - what's a chrimbo?

Brit Slang for Christmas. Strange place where I found that :):
animeboards.com/showthread.php

New to me. Like it!
Thanks. (That is an odd place to find this.) ;^)
--

"JED" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Alan Garny writes:

>"Alan Garny" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>"Anders Ohlsson (Borland)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>>Happy Holidays!
>>>
>>>bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,32875,00.html
>>
>>Woo hoo!!!! :)
>
>Downloaded it, installed it and recompiled my project. My two major
>concerns, so far, still remain: problem with the close button of a
>docked window and strange GUI effect when closing pages in a Page
>Control.
>
>Conclusion: still a no-go for me... Annoying! Then again, I guess it
>would have been ludicrous of me to expect those problems to be fixed.
>:(
>
>Alan.

What are the QC entries for these? I would like to know what they are.
I haven't entered them yet. I thought I'd wait until the update before
doing so. My reasoning was that Borland was probably aware of some bugs when
shipping D2005 and might have been working on them until now. It would
appear that the couple of issues I have come across are not some of them.
Alan.