Replacing BDE with ADO

I have an existing program with hundreds of TTables and TQuerys and I use a
TDatabase to connect to a SQL Anywhere database. I have replaced the
TDatabase with a TADOConnection.
Do I have to replace every TTable and TQuery with ADO tables and queries?

Re:Replacing BDE with ADO

Isn't there something in GExperts that does that?
p.
"Bryan Hall" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Bryan Hall writes:
I have an existing program with hundreds of TTables and TQuerys and I use a
TDatabase to connect to a SQL Anywhere database. I have replaced the
TDatabase with a TADOConnection.

Do I have to replace every TTable and TQuery with ADO tables and queries?

I'm wandering why you want to move ADO.
FYI ADO.NET has nothing to do ADO, except for name

Re:Replacing BDE with ADO

Do I have to replace every TTable and TQuery with ADO tables and queries?
Yes you do - I remember doing this in text mode on the datamodule or form
(View As Text) which made the process much easier as you can do a series of
find and replaces.
ADO is not available in Delphi 8, should be in Delphi 9.
David

Re:Replacing BDE with ADO

"Bryan Hall" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
...to connect to a SQL Anywhere database...
I don't know if you are aware, but I thought I'd mention
that there is DBExpress driver available for SQL Anywhere,
and BDP driver is rumored.

Re:Replacing BDE with ADO

Hi Bryan,
I have an existing program with hundreds of TTables and TQuerys and I use
TDatabase to connect to a SQL Anywhere database. I have replaced the
TDatabase with a TADOConnection.

Do I have to replace every TTable and TQuery with ADO tables and queries?

Yes. We did this once for a large app. See
codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/listing to get
an idea of the approach used and scope.
There were some differences:
We used MS SQL.
We went from BDE 2-tier to DataSnap 3-tier.
We did not have any TTable in the BDE app.
--
Jim